P5 Ebrake Cable Replacement

protege_03

:
2003 Protege 5
Hey guys, I have a 2003 P5 and the back right E-brake keeps freezing (only in cold weather). I have been told that it will need to be replaced.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does anyone have a good guide to tackle this project? Is it a fairly straight forward job?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bolts frozen on...

So it is really simple it seems except I can't get the exhaust insulation off, the bolts just keep spinning. Any ideas? Anyone had to remove this insulation?

that happened to me last winter, when it got really cold, but i didn't have to replace anything, the problem i had was that my pad got frozen to the rotor....had to spray it down with hot water, solved the problem by not applying the ebrake during the cold....

...hope that helps

that happened to me last winter, when it got really cold, but i didn't have to replace anything, the problem i had was that my pad got frozen to the rotor....had to spray it down with hot water, solved the problem by not applying the ebrake during the cold....

...hope that helps

That's not really a solution so much as an avoidance of the problem ;)

To the OP, I don't think the replacement's that hard - are you talking about the screws for the exhaust insulation that is attached to the body?

exactly why i said it, if you can avoid using your e brake in cold weather (which i know is not a good idea at all) then you have a better chance of avoiding this problem....

Back