HELP!! Rear brake replacement issues HELP!!

Runeshine

:
2003 Mazda Protege 5
I changed my wife’s 2004 Mazda 3 rear brake pads yesterday, after messing with them for about an hour I was able to compress the calipers by using some needle nose pliers and spinning them clockwise.

BUT this problem is once I got them all put back together I went to pump the breaks to make them auto adjust back to normal and well… they pump up and feel like they are going to be firm but then when I start to drive and put on the brakes the paddle skinks to the floor… it stops me but NOT SAFE at all. Something is wrong.

I’m 99.99% sure I did not crack the brake lines or anything and I firmly screwed the brake liquid cap under the hood after I compressed the caliper but still it falls to the floor and is not responsive. (bang) I also pumped the E brake about 20 times as well but still the same issue

The only other thing I can think of is at 1st when I was trying to get the calipers to compress on the drivers side I twisted counter clockwise instead of clockwise and then had to find the threads to start going clockwise again. But no break liquid leaked.

I don’t know what the hell is wrong with it but I need to get this car working again SOON

Please help

~Rune

Last edited:
Back