mazda protege 323 ditd turbo diesel conversion

mpdiesel

:
2000 MAZDA PROTEGE
My 1999 protege after some changes now its a 50+ mpg mazdaspeed clone 5 lug conversion, complete mazdaspeed intirior and new paint job and rims will post better photos soon

Attachments

• Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 1,222
didnt mazda use the turbo set-up from a diesel engine in europe to base the mazdaspeed protege's whole turbo / intercooler setup for the u.s.? i dont find this to be to hard to convert to....

Got the engine from new zealand 2.0 rf2a 105 hp and 170 lb-ft still working on it need a fmic and 3 inche exhuast and some lowering springs will get new photos some

yea for real, its just a edm engine
i think its a 1.8, somebody correct me if im wrong

you're not correct.. :) it was made out of atmospheric 2.0 diesel (RF), converted into turbo + ic, and was sold in Japan and Europe.. it was available with 90, 101 and 110 HP, but the most powerful (RFT, Hi-Power lol) was available only in 626 model..

it's a 2.0 liter engine, aka DITD in Europe, Direct Injection Turbo Diesel.. (drinks)

check this out.. ;)

yea for real, its just a edm engine
i think its a 1.8, somebody correct me if im wrong

The DITD has the RF-TDI 2.0l engine.

didnt mazda use the turbo set-up from a diesel engine in europe to base the mazdaspeed protege's whole turbo / intercooler setup for the u.s.? i dont find this to be to hard to convert to....

I think they only used the intercooler setup from the 101hp version. The DITD doesn't use plastic turbo pipes and if I'm not mistaken the exhaust and intake manifold have switched places like the newer generation Mazdas.

Here's a pic from a f/s ad in Germany:
RF-TDI.JPG

I though of getting one of theese and converting the suspension and interior to Mazdaspeed, but I decided to wait and will probably end up with a 3 2.2CD with 3 MPS suspension sometime in the future.

mpdiesel: this is an awesome idea, keep us updated!

ditd

No its from new zealand, mazda 626 rf2a not japan or europe have a friend that gets any motor i want have done 1kz-te,4jb1tc,td27 and yd25 diesel swap and always wanted to do a mazda

are those motors good for any power? can u build the motor on them and have a super fast deisel protege?

are those motors good for any power? can u build the motor on them and have a super fast deisel protege?

that would be ******* sick!
just leave the other car ina cloud of black smore....or having someone freakout because you are putting diesel in your car isntea dof gas....

that would be ******* sick!
just leave the other car ina cloud of black smore....or having someone freakout because you are putting diesel in your car isntea dof gas....

not to mention a neibor of mine has a TDI jetta that is built with a big turbo and i can hear it constanly spooling as he drives past! it sounds sick!

No its from new zealand, mazda 626 rf2a not japan or europe have a friend that gets any motor i want have done 1kz-te,4jb1tc,td27 and yd25 diesel swap and always wanted to do a mazda

I'm guessing that there are only a few differences though, or is there a whole lot of them??

I'm waiting anciently for some more info on this one and a picture of the engine after install to compare it to the RF-TDI.

Back