Cosmo Roll Call

Hi. My name is Darryl.I live in Timaru, New Zealand. I imported my 1991 ECCS 20b last year.
img5696d.jpg

img5701o.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Darryl! Thanks for joining our Cosmo Community here...Your Cosmo looks very clean, it would be great if you posted your own thread so we can learn more about it...:D

Hello everyone. Here is couple of my Cosmos

1990 20B
DSC00692.JPG

DSC00646.JPG

DSC00488.JPG

1992 13B dark green
Now converted to 20B, 5 Speed, Haltech PS2000, T04R

about 20 minutes after it arrived at my house
Picture+711.jpg

Picture+122.jpg

changed up the wheels
Picture+781.jpg

20B installed
Picture+074.jpg

Picture+028.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and WOW...Two Cosmos! I've seen your '90 20B on YouTube I believe...One those classic EC related clips...Great to see you join our Cosmo Community here on Mazdas247.com! :D Feel free to post up your own thread with more details about your Cosmos along with updates etc...(2thumbs)

Hi folks,
1995 20B
Car is in the UK, I current live in Tampa, USA.

These are the photos I acquired when I purchased the car in the UK, I hope to see and be driving her soon and will get improved pics then.

Cosmofront_no_plate.jpg

Cosmowheels.jpg

Cosmorear.jpg

Cosmointerior.jpg

Cosmointerior2.jpg

Cosmoengine.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Db2boy, how are you doing?, I cant believe you still have not driven this yet,, I would love to have that front Mazdaspeed bar looks so much better the earlier version I have,,

I have just e-mailed Dom to see how he is as I have not spoken to him for a while?,, when are you over to the UK?
Frank

Hi Frank,
Good thanks. Me neither but getting closer and can't wait to get her out and introduce her to my RX-2 as well :) I saw one on Yahoo Auctions last week, might be worth taking a look.

I mailed Dom yesterday too, not heard back from him yet. Current plan is w/c/ 23rd July but that might need to be a little flexible with work and flights. I'm hoping to fly in that weekend though.

Rgds

Ant

Ant,

well if you meet up with Dom when you are over we will try and meet up as well depending on whereabouts you are staying or travelling too

Might see you soon and your Cosmo

Frank

Frank,
Yup will do, hopefully staying for 2 weeks. I'll be all the place I would expect. Your profile says Wales, GF wants to see a castle in Wales (bucket list thing, don't ask!) so likely head out that way
for a trip.

Ant

Jake
92 / 20b / Type E
New Zealand
Property Finance

web.jpg

I will update a build thread soon - car is currently getting coilover suspension fitted and runs 20x11s all round.

Ken

94 JCES Type SX

Just brought it over to Canada last week.

love all the pics of Cosmos around the world :)

rimg1540.jpg

rimg1539.jpg

I guess I should put up some piccies of my JCESE E-CCS spec Cosmo that I'm currently restoring.

07-08-2012005.jpg

07-08-2012008.jpg

Cheers,
Danny

Ken

94 JCES Type SX

Just brought it over to Canada last week.

Hi Ken,, Cosmo looks great,, where did you import it from?,, tell us some more about the Cosmo as prices in Japan have gone nuts and with yours being a late model and in such good shape I would be interested to know more

Frank

love all the pics of Cosmos around the world :)

rimg1540.jpg

rimg1539.jpg

Hey Danny,, looking good,, that is some fat rubber you have on the back,, what size are they?
I love the licence plate as well,, we have to be a bit more creative in the UK we can buy personalised plates but only ones that have actually been issued by the DVLA
so what you have to do is try and make the plate either fit your car or you if you like having your name (I am not that sad) but I do like a plate that represents the car

I managed to get B20 and 3 letters TTR (turbo triple rotor) people who know what the car is will understand the plate,, which is not that many over here (cheers2)

Hi Frank,

Thanks !

Yah the yen is just too strong these days... importation costs were pretty costly indeed.

I think I was just very fortunate.
This was originally my father in law's cosmo in Tokyo JP. As he retired this year and purchased a new vehicle this summer, this Cosmo was about to be traded in to the dealership (for not much value at all...like less than ~$500 USD? or at least that was what I heard) or ended up sold for parts or sth. In Tokyo, keeping two vehicles was not realistic and it was out of the question for him.
Knowing that Cosmo was a rare find (with only ~90xxx km as it was mostly driven in Tokyo and I didn't want to let the aforementioned from happening so I decided take it over and import it.

My knowledge of Cosmo (or even rotary engines are very limited) so moving forward, I hope I can learn more from other Cosmo owners to continue to maintain her in a good condition. :)

Nice to see this thread back in action with a new Member to the Cosmo Family...Welcome Ken and thanks for posting! :D

Thanks as well for saving a Cosmo from the junkyard! Trade-in value is non-existent in Japan, especially at the domestic dealers...The few hundred bucks they offer is just a token, not at all related to the true value of the car. Very cool that your Father-in-law had a Cosmo and now it's yours. You've come to the right place...I encourage you to start your own Cosmo thread and I'm sure we're all looking forward to your updates!

Danny...I really like the two-tone color combo you have going there...You had it repainted right? New Coat or down to the metal?

Hi Frank,

Thanks !

Yah the yen is just too strong these days... importation costs were pretty costly indeed.

I think I was just very fortunate.
This was originally my father in law's cosmo in Tokyo JP. As he retired this year and purchased a new vehicle this summer, this Cosmo was about to be traded in to the dealership (for not much value at all...like less than ~$500 USD? or at least that was what I heard) or ended up sold for parts or sth. In Tokyo, keeping two vehicles was not realistic and it was out of the question for him.
Knowing that Cosmo was a rare find (with only ~90xxx km as it was mostly driven in Tokyo and I didn't want to let the aforementioned from happening so I decided take it over and import it.

My knowledge of Cosmo (or even rotary engines are very limited) so moving forward, I hope I can learn more from other Cosmo owners to continue to maintain her in a good condition. :)

Ken

you have a rare car as the numbers produed in 94 was very low,, worth a good few bucks so you did very very well,, look after her and make sure you put her away in winter as I know how cold iy gets there in BC,, you will be gobsmacked on the performance of the car as I was the 1st time I drove mine,, these are Mazda's best kept secret and an awesome car,, enjoy it
Frank

Latest posts

Back