Position of o2 sensor

ogsp5

225 whp @ 8psi
:
2002 p5 (MSP Powered)
Does the distance behind the turbo of the o2 sensor make a difference ? The sensor is on the DP about 14in from the turbo flange. I re-worked the thunder manifold for an external WG. I have a cell saying sensor not hot enough. Thanks
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:
Is this for your 1st O2 sensor? I'd think it would have to be as close as possible to the exhaust mani if we are talking about the 1st o2 sensor.

Does the distance behind the turbo of the o2 sensor make a difference ? The sensor is on the DP about 14in from the turbo flange. I re-worked the thunder manifold for an external WG. I have a cell saying sensor not hot enough. Thanks
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

it should be a heated 02... (thats what the other 2 wires are for)... but if its that far away, it sounds possible that thats your problem. other possibility would be that the heating circuit isn't functioning properly.

I went cheap and bought a universal 4 wire unit. I just ordered a OEM unit . I am going to move the o2 more closer to the header.

Back