Mazda5 wiring harness

So has anyone else popped their hood to see about a bazillion wires against the firewall and no protection? I looked under the hood today to do areal insspection of the new car while tinting and low and behold that wire harness is fuxing just there 10 inches from the hottest part of the car the exhaust manifold.

Can Mazda be that damn cheap to use a loom to protexct those vital parts. I'd also like to denote the a/c line is right above the manifold. Should that be protected as well I mean all it does is help cool you down afterall

Looks like I'm going to have to pull apart a brand new car already

Have you seen any signs of damage to the parts in question?

I've just spent three 8 hour days under, around and inside my Premacy here in Okinawa, doing various small jobs, springs, Fog Lamps, relay, 12 volt accessory work, etc.

I know most cars now a days are very very compact and we the consumer want all these neat things like a light on the dash that tells us the tire pressure is low, the exhaust is hot, the whatchamacallit is not working.. lol ...

So in some cases there has to be certain, 'acceptances' or 'tolerances' made to make such cars, so... 'cool' and yet be so compact.

Please post pictures of what you speak of, or WHAT YOU DO TO FIX IT is more important.

Peace!(rei)

So in some cases there has to be certain, 'acceptances' or 'tolerances' made to make such cars, so... 'cool' and yet be so compact.

Please post pictures of what you speak of, or WHAT YOU DO TO FIX IT is more important.

Peace!(rei)

The OP was referring to the bundle of wires held by tie-wrap against the firewall.

firewallsm.jpg

In older vehicles those wire bundles would be inside a shrink wrap, or wrapped with electrical tape.

The OP was referring to the bundle of wires held by tie-wrap against the firewall.

firewallsm.jpg

In older vehicles those wire bundles would be inside a shrink wrap, or wrapped with electrical tape.

(boom07) Must be a North America thing, ....
mine are wrapped here in Japan. (popcorn)

Peace!(rei)

Back