How to fix P0443 engine code?

maggio

Its related to Evaporative Emission control system purge valve circuit. The car seems to be running ok though. The light has been on for approx 7 days now, I finally bought a scanner today.

Actually this scanner shows:
p0443
p0505
p0123
p0118
p0113
Things seem to be running ok though. I'm not sure what all these sensors mean though and how to fix them. I assume I shouldn't just clear them...

Go to the Search button on here, type in each code, and you will find various threads in regards to the code you entered. You probably need to do a bit of research before just deleting the codes, they're not there for nothing despite your car running okay.

p0443 - Purge Circuit Malfunction
p0505 - Idle Control System Malfunction
p0123 - Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input
p0118 - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input
p0113 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

Nevermind.. did it for you.

Its related to Evaporative Emission control system purge valve circuit. The car seems to be running ok though. The light has been on for approx 7 days now, I finally bought a scanner today.

Your purge solenoid valve is likely bad. It's the little thing that sits on top of your intake tube with the two vacuum hoses going into it. Disconnect the connector and measure the resistance between the two metal terminals. If not between 22-26 ohms, it needs to be replaced. The part number is B66S-18-740, and it retails at onlinemazdaparts.com for about $67.

Post back here with results.

p0443 - Purge Circuit Malfunction
p0505 - Idle Control System Malfunction
p0123 - Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input
p0118 - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input
p0113 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

Nevermind.. did it for you.

Ignore what I previously said - it always takes me so goddamn long to write a response that people post up new info :).

You need to get underneath the hood and check for some serious wire damage or else a bunch of stuff that's unplugged. My guess is that something somehow got fried and is causing all of these sensors to short circuit. These is no reason that they should all be malfunctioning at the same time.

You need to be checking on the driver side of your engine around the throttle body and battery - that's where all of this stuff is located.

i have a po443 code on a 2003 mazda tribute what is the problem

and have a battery light stay on

If your battery light is on your alt is bad

Also this section is for proteges btw post in the tribute section. Welcome to the forum either way

Back