Mazda3 pet peeve -- outer HVAC vents are circular, center HVAC vents are rectangular

jersey_emt

:
04 MSM #1089
Anyone else find this annoying?

mz_07mazda3_interior.jpg

The HVAC vents in the center are rectangular but the vents near the doors are circular. They should be all circular, or all rectangular.

The new 2010 Mazda3 is the same...

2010-mazda3-interior.jpg

The Mazda6 used to have all circular vents:

mazda6interior.jpg

But since 2008, the Mazda6 has had the same mixed vents as the Mazda3 (circular vents near the doors, rectangular vents in the center).

doesn't bother me at all, actually, didn't really notice till you pointed it at, i like the circular vents, i painted my silver trim blue ;)

2010 Mustang is the same way. There were classic Mustangs that did this as well. If you look around it's not all that uncommon.

doesn't really bother me. What does bother me though is that you cant close the center ones. I am tired of having to listen to the woman whine because they blow on her. If I could just close them, we could both be happy.

Starving children bother me. Mismatched air vent shapes do not.

Last edited:
doesn't really bother me. What does bother me though is that you cant close the center ones. I am tired of having to listen to the woman whine because they blow on her. If I could just close them, we could both be happy.

agreed. :(

I always thought this was odd, when I was looking at the 3's I was also looking at used S40's and almost passed up the 3 for the S40 for this and a couple other little details. Yeah... it might sound dumb but my brand new '07 3 has 60K miles so I drive a lot.

Back