2007~2015 CX-9 Water leakage question

Mazda 2008 CX9 How to get to plugged drain that is causing water in passenger side

After much taking apart... I found it. There is a little rubber hose off the bottom of the evaporator coil. The coil is located in the center console below the radio. (above the air bag module) The hose leads through the bottom of the car to the right of the gas pedal. I had to get under the car and unbolt the heat shielding above the drive shaft to get to the outlet of the drain. After getting some compressed air into the drain, all the water came rushing out, close to 1/2 gallon. I'm still drying out under the rugs on both sides. I think this has been full and leaking for a while and during my long trip is when it got really full and noticalble.

Here is a video I made to identify the bolt to remove and how to bend back the heat shield to get to the drain that you will need to blow compressed air up into. I hope this makes it easier for all of those of you with this problem.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&feature=vm&video_id=WPl8xXLctOI

Thanks for posting instructions . I was able to repair the drain. I do not have an air compressor.. Yet. And the WD-40 spray did not work. So I used the air hose from an old fish tank. I removed the one 10mm bolt from the front of heat shield, and bent back the heat shield to find the white plastic drain hole. I shoved the clear plastic fish tank tube into the drain. It stopped to soon, so I blew anyway, and the tube continued up into the drain. At the next stop about 3 inches later I sealed drain with finger and blew hard. I heard the water bubbles then I felt a wet finger. I quickly pulled tube, then whoosh, half gallon of water onto the driveway. I had tohoot and holler at the success and drag the wife out to praise me for fixen the family vehicle.

Back