Help, DTC code P0443

I have an 04 v6 6 that just turned on the check engine light, we scanned it and it read p0443 purge circuit malfunction. Are there any TSB`s or recalls on this? I have seen some for other Mazda cars but could not find 1 on the 6. It seems like it is a problem (from what I could read)and @ 95.00 bucks from the dealer I would like to get any info before I buy 1. Easy repair?

Thanks from the newbie.
And yes the gas cap is on tight, 150 miles into the tank.

but is the gas cap good? disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, and that will reset the computer. See if it comes back after that.

what state is the car registered in> This may be covered under emissions warranty. Federal emissions states 2 years 24k miles but some states follow cali and you 80,000 or 6 years i believe. Read your owners manual and there should be a warranty booklet.

I am quite sure you are covered then.

the following states adhere to CA emissions laws and manufacturers have to honor the same warranty in these states:

Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey (whoo hoo!), New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.

Back