What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

So can you drive that low? How's the turning you rub? Thanks for the side shot

Yes and carefully. Also fabricating a front skid plate and still want to be able to use the rubber plastic splash guard. Thinking that I might as well fabricate one for the center too and have her uniformed under a lift. Not taking any chances that can cause major undercarriage damage and have anything ripped off or crack anything important. As of the rubbing issues was resolved a couple days ago with heating/reshaping to the front and rolled rear/still has her splash guards on. Thank you and Your Welcome!!!

Rears:custom spring rates and length/non adjustable ride height w/adjustable rear shock cartridges/moogs adjustable upper arms.
Fronts:custom spring rates and length /adjustable strut cartridges/customed-fitted FortuneAuto sealed thrust needle roller bearings/onikyan plates/adjustable front links/2-point strut tower bar
Thanks. I was hoping for more technical details. Did you get custom springs made or are they off the shelf by some mfg? OR did you mod/cut/heat treat and reform a kit spring? What is the free length and spring rate of these springs?

What brand shocks/struts did you use in the CO build (Im assuming FortuneAuto kit?)? There arent many adjustable damper options avail in the Mazda world. Would be good to know who else is out there, especially in Asia/Pacific. How much stroke travel in the front/rear do you have work with?

Thanks. I was hoping for more technical details. Did you get custom springs made or are they off the shelf by some mfg? OR did you mod/cut/heat treat and reform a kit spring? What is the free length and spring rate of these springs?

What brand shocks/struts did you use in the CO build (Im assuming FortuneAuto kit?)? There arent many adjustable damper options avail in the Mazda world. Would be good to know who else is out there, especially in Asia/Pacific. How much stroke travel in the front/rear do you have work with?

326power
Fortune Auto
Tokico Adjustable
Onikyan Plates
Note: (Custom Build w/some modifications and weren't designed for the vehicle/universal. Except for the plates.)

Honestly the best thing to do is cross reference. See what can or what looks like it might fit and if not there's always a way to make it fit. Suspension is suspension, they all work the same way just with different characteristics and on user preference. It's good to do some research before making any moves. At first I used stock fronts struts w/custom coils non/adj. And the rear also custom coils but w/toxic drop shocks. Short, affordable and can do the job. It was dropped but just not the ride height I wanted. Then of course the option to upgrade and did a build. At the same time saving me alot of $$$ instead of buying an already built coilover systems or just buying something cause of its "brand". Putting a little of this and that mismatched branding can outcome to either be shity or can be amazed.

Mazda5 Premacy

She's lays closer to the earth and that's where she felt
everything was normal.

2016-06-11-16-27-07.jpg

Under normal circumstances, a hard hit should not cause that. Do you know if the pinch bolt has been torqued correctly recently (replace a shock)? Do you have an aftermath pic of the shock body's bottom?
gEfJkGm.png

I hammered the pinch bolt holder (not really sure what it's called to be honest, or how it broke off the strut) back in and torqued the bolt. It seems fine for now, but I'm still contemplating on getting coilovers.

Also... Found this... :(
HlZX56d.png

That piece of bent steel at the 1 o clock position in relation to the pinch bolt should be in the gap in the control arm, just FYI. I would suggest replacing the component as the internal threads are more than likely stripped/damaged. If it allowed the strut to slide through once i wouldnt trust it for very long.

Drove it to work today instead of the Miata. Flash-flood warnings for the entire DC area made it seem like a good idea to leave the tiny, low, sometimes-leaky convertible in the garage!

Over the weekend I removed the snow tires and installed the summer tires - it was my first winter with snow tires and OMFG I am hooked! The difference is phenomenal.

Then I took my newly-summer-tired 5 on a 200km drive to buy a cheap cargo trailer. I will be doing a little tune-up on the trailer over the next two weeks so we can use it to haul bikes and camping equipment on our summer road trip.

Over the weekend. My son and I enjoyed a couple of nights stay @pacificstarresortandspa
So the parking garage is some what spacious. The corner curved ramps enterance through the lower levels are pretty wide. On the flip side, the exit ramps are tight and narrow. A straight steep shot forward with no room for play in order to hit the ramp exit. With a Fucken Helllllllzzzz No!!!!! in mind...We parked and picked her front up a bit before getting settled in, just in case we needed to run out and grab a few things and guarantee when checking out 😂 Ohhhh Good Times!!!!!

Check out the link below 👇of our Mazda5'Premacy Drivelapse as we exited from our stay......Her rear was bottoming out tho.. that booty tapping the pavement lol

https://youtu.be/jf53Yjz1KGk

11th commandment :D
Standard-Concrete-Curb-510x510.jpg

On a serious note, did you ever measure the max degree of your approach angle? Simple triangle measure from lip to tire with loaded/unloaded car?

Last edited:
Finally replaced the MS3 caliper pins and bushings. I know they were binding from my last inspection. The Super Lube geese seem to have dried/gummed up after a few thousand miles. Perhaps it was due to the perfect storm b/c of the replacement bushing that I put in at the same time were of poor quality/grade of rubber which might not be suitable for the chemical properties of the Super Lube. Nonetheless, the rubber bushings SWELLED up to the point that the pins barely moved and the caps would not fit/stay in place. Went with highly rated 3M silicon paste.
Super Lube Multi Purpose Grease
Plain, anti-friction, ball, roller, wheel bearings
Cams, slides, valves, conveyors, chains
Food processing equipment
Caliper assembly and bearing grease
I call B.S.! Or user beware of the rubber you are using it on.

Will do rear pads and rotors with Hawk 5.0 / Centric Premium and replace the pins and busing in the rear as well (same issue with swelling from last service). Look forward to breaking them in and finally having better braking balance/bias. Anyone want a pair of very slight used rear OEM pads? Packaging says Akebono lining with ATE hardware, which I assume backing plate/base. They are the quality OEM pads, not the OEM value line. I don’t like them or rather I like the Hawks more better. I may get to drive the car more - woot!

Will do rear pads and rotors with Hawk 5.0 / Centric Premium and replace the pins and busing in the rear as well (same issue with swelling from last service). Look forward to breaking them in and finally having better braking balance/bias. Anyone want a pair of very slight used rear OEM pads? Packaging says Akebono lining with ATE hardware, which I assume backing plate/base. They are the quality OEM pads, not the OEM value line. I don’t like them or rather I like the Hawks more better. I may get to drive the car more - woot!
I have brand new power stop evolution pads and E coated rotors all around, never got to install them before it was totaled. PM me if interested!

Last edited:
Back