What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Finally replaced the MS3 caliper pins and bushings. I know they were binding from my last inspection. The Super Lube geese seem to have dried/gummed up after a few thousand miles. Perhaps it was due to the perfect storm b/c of the replacement bushing that I put in at the same time were of poor quality/grade of rubber which might not be suitable for the chemical properties of the Super Lube. Nonetheless, the rubber bushings SWELLED up to the point that the pins barely moved and the caps would not fit/stay in place. Went with highly rated 3M silicon paste.
I call B.S.! Or user beware of the rubber you are using it on.

Will do rear pads and rotors with Hawk 5.0 / Centric Premium and replace the pins and busing in the rear as well (same issue with swelling from last service). Look forward to breaking them in and finally having better braking balance/bias. Anyone want a pair of very slight used rear OEM pads? Packaging says Akebono lining with ATE hardware, which I assume backing plate/base. They are the quality OEM pads, not the OEM value line. I don’t like them or rather I like the Hawks more better. I may get to drive the car more - woot!

Post pics yo!

No pics but there’s not much to “see” on a dirty/stuck caliper/bracket/pin. You’d need a touch-o-vision kinda thing to appreciate how ‘stuck’ it was.

Took the car to get front bearings replaced. Procrastinated b/c I didn’t have time to take the knuckle out (would have been free to press in/out but I’d have to take a long trip back and forth). Decided to pay the $160 (+ own parts) let the shop do it. Rides so much smoother!

Up next, replacing both belts, idler, and compressor clutch bearing. Then figure out the erratic rough idle (suspect PCV).

Testing Lens Quick Shoot

Mazda5'Premacy

ShotsFired w/nikonD5300

2016-06-24-05-31-27.jpg

2016-06-24-13-32-19.jpg

2016-06-24-14-28-37.jpg

What have you done with your Mazda5 today?

Flushing coolant and power steering fluid for the first time today.

Edit - The 5's power steering pump has had a high pitched whiney sound the life of the car, which I assumed was normal. After the flush, it's almost silent. Not sure if it's a revised OEM fluid, or what, but very happy to hear it basically silent now.

Last edited:
New wheels/tires and a fresh new pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 752
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    774.4 KB · Views: 751
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    893.4 KB · Views: 758
New wheels/tires and a fresh new pic

Yeaa that does look nice and fresh! mint bro, perfect color. ., question> what did you put over your rear quarter fender lips? I was going todo the same, I just orderd some U shaped rubber molding to cover it., how did you do yours?> thanks.

Yeaa that does look nice and fresh! mint bro, perfect color. ., question> what did you put over your rear quarter fender lips? I was going todo the same, I just orderd some U shaped rubber molding to cover it., how did you do yours?> thanks.

Thanks and I haven't done anything to the rear

Road trip! Drove to top of Mt. Washington (NH), Quebec City, Montreal, and home. Lots of miles. Only damage was a heat shield from the mid-section came loose from a bump (I think). Got some aluminum foil tape ready to go.

Broken end link got new ones to install. Ordered rear end links and got 2 new things coming will post pics later

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    924.7 KB · Views: 225
Took it yesterday to have the hail damage assessed.

Set up an appointment for PDR and replacement of the roof rails, which took a beating in the hail, but also had previous damage from when I did something stupid, so I'm pretty happy about how this storm worked out! :D

Got rid of the useless oem fogs and installed Nolden led drl lights in the sport oem fog covers.
Not sure I follow… Isn’t the LED just as useless? Both work equally well for DRL purposes. Mod/Stick in a pair of quality H9 bulbs into the OEM fog housing (does not offend incoming traffic) and it works much better for heavy fog purposes – can’t do that with LED.

Back