What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Explain this witchcraft you speak of...

use a autostart/prostart/nordicstart type remote starter + keyinterface module + TR-7 module.

or

a viper type remote starter + key interface module.

The idea is to take 3 +12volt lock pulses within 4 seconds, as a signal for the remote starter to start. Viper has this within the programming of their units, but the autostart units only need one pulse - so the TR-7 will change the 3 pulses to 1.

anyway - lock, lock, lock and away it goes!

Put on the inno today for the first time... Tint coming Monday

3d3094c87d9e8f43e09e8bca1e2cf482.jpg

Did you see the rest of his interior pictures he put up? Makes me soooooo jealous :p It almost makes me want a leather interior for mine, except the brown wouldn't look anywhere near as good in my ratty old red van LOL Now a sand cloth interior, THAT would work, and for the same reasons....

Blackcents

Plastidipped wheels and emblems. Tinted heads..tails and fogs with eyebrows

Attachments

• 20150807_193732.jpg
    20150807_193732.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 183
  • 20150825_175314.jpg
    20150825_175314.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Not done today but this past Monday. I had her back on the track at Mid-Ohio. I'm getting addicted to tracking it. It is a whole lot of fun and really surprises people.
11898940_961112450578203_2566414608307961688_n.jpg
11903916_961111360578312_7669529122659277434_n.jpg

Nice loosenut! Love that color.....not 1 I see often.

I did something last weekend.
ea16018d078bfe2c065b353c18d8114f.jpg

c66763fbf6d3ec0ab6fd6898bae19e2b.jpg

dc4ae73e56905da185044806e8fe4aaa.jpg

Now I need to get rid of the oxidation. It was so obvious when the lights had the chrome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice looking whip there loosenut. If you are tracking the thing, I need to give you reason why 'you' will love the YS.

Cleaned TB, then got a CEL. Car starts and idles fine but once I touch the pedal, engine starts shaking violently as though starving for air and pushing down on throttle did not respond (I really dislike DBW). Got a CEL and freaked me out thinking I damaged the servos in TB!! Upon further review (retracing what I did), I found a ball of paper left behind lodged between the butterfly plate.. (doh)!

I earned a Darwin point - woot!..

Last edited:
Nice looking whip there loosenut. If you are tracking the thing, I need to give you reason why 'you' will love the YS.

I'm seriously considering the yellowspeeds. They've been in an online shopping wish list for over a year now. It'll either be the turbo project or the coilovers this winter. Hmm decisions.

Cleaned TB, then got a CEL. Car starts and idles fine but once I touch the pedal, engine starts shaking violently as though starving for air and pushing down on throttle did not respond (I really dislike DBW). Got a CEL and freaked me out thinking I damaged the servos in TB!! Upon further review (retracing what I did), I found a ball of paper left behind lodged between the butterfly plate.. (doh)!

I earned a Darwin point - woot!..
Good catch and atleast it was a simple fix!

Being waved around a sports car in a minivan at Mid-Ohio = WIN You keep that thing looking GOOD my man, soooo jealous :p

Thanks! I definitely did more waiving by than passing, but it did feel good to get the waive, mostly from first gen miatas.

Last edited:
A few simple things. Installed hood strut kit (had sitting around for a while), air filter and washed her real good.

I'm seriously considering the yellowspeeds. They've been in an online shopping wish list for over a year now. It'll either be the turbo project or the coilovers this winter. Hmm decisions.
If you put it this way, I’m reluctant to give you any input just so you go turbo . If first gen Miatas are letting you pass, sounds like you could use more power too. I’ll take some better pics and give you the full nitty-gritty about them so you can make an informed decision.

BTW, just a thought. Have you considered dropping in a 2.5L ecotec as the base? The Ford motors are cheap and mostly a drop in. If you can sell your existing 2.3, the difference is only a few hundred bucks or possibly break even. This gives you nice gains right off the bat and a more solid base to build with on the “nicest looking body and color” around :D. If you do go turbo, what do you plan to do with the ATX? I looked into this a bit in the past and there are, I think, 2 shops that offer a create built-up ATX for the Mz3 but they run around $3K (don’t recall if LSD is included). IIRC, they also sell a kit (beefier torque converter + solenoids) in the $1.5K ball park, I think. Don’t quote me on the exact numbers but they scared me away.

I too would love to see you go turbo, but to play devils advocate to Silentnoise coil-overs won't blow up your engine! Now a 2.5l with a Dynotronics tune package AND YS coil-overs? Theres a way to go faster without having to invest in all the madness that a turbo brings. See I just love spending other peoples money :p

Drove the 5 to pick up new shoes for it lol

Last edited:
The Tour Bus got rear-ended today :-(
I'll find out in a couple days what will happen.. Personally I think it'll be 50/50 shot between repairing or totalling:Tour Bus 1.jpg

Back