What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

lol I just got that same magnet! , I was debating on trying that rear wiper., you will have to let us know if its worth buying.
The rear wiper so far is awful. It has a "guide" piece that keeps it from pivoting in the middle to follow the curve of the window. As a result, it only wipes the bottom half of its full width which makes it worthless. It seems like it's intended purpose is to help keep the sections tracking properly but in our application it keeps it from functioning altogether. I'll see what a dremel can do to fix it, otherwise it's just worth buying for the refill.

The rear wiper so far is awful. It has a "guide" piece that keeps it from pivoting in the middle to follow the curve of the window. As a result, it only wipes the bottom half of its full width which makes it worthless. It seems like it's intended purpose is to help keep the sections tracking properly but in our application it keeps it from functioning altogether. I'll see what a dremel can do to fix it, otherwise it's just worth buying for the refill.

oh my gosh! lol really, I cant help but to laugh, It is really so hard to find a decent rear wiper that will actually work good and wipe the whole damn window!, did you take the dremel to it yet? thanks for letting us know

changed out this usual pos of a mount yesterday during the nice sun, I replaced it with a DEA mount that I filled a bit with poly, also changed out all the Brake Caliper slider pins rubber bushings and greased them all up. , I was surprised how much corrosion was build up in the rear alum calipers., cleaned the TB aswell, new gasket, made a huge difference during idle, much more smooth now.

30074v8.jpg

6qe1dl.jpg

oh my gosh! lol really, I cant help but to laugh, It is really so hard to find a decent rear wiper that will actually work good and wipe the whole damn window!, did you take the dremel to it yet? thanks for letting us know
So I took a deeper look at it today and decided against the dremel. It turns out it's the wiper arm itself that's interfering. The Bosch wiper frame lets the arm sit about 1/8" lower on the window than the OEM unit. As a result, it hits the guide that helps keep the wiper from flying off the arm which prevents it from following the curve of the glass. Therefore, I just swapped over the refill.

The pictures I'm attaching show:
1. Stock wiper
d9478a56e8c65609f65f3cf2f87f6e64.jpg

2. Bosch wiper
2dc83e64e590bc3e52a30f90c82f4d30.jpg

3. How it doesn't flex
86a14baecd11dc8443130480d8018fb9.jpg

4. What its hitting
211a8c92943f35f745babd75b982639f.jpg

So I took a deeper look at it today and decided against the dremel. It turns out it's the wiper arm itself that's interfering. The Bosch wiper frame lets the arm sit about 1/8" lower on the window than the OEM unit. As a result, it hits the guide that helps keep the wiper from flying off the arm which prevents it from following the curve of the glass. Therefore, I just swapped over the refill.

Let me get this straight.. So you kept the Bosch frame swapped with OE blade or the OE frame swapped with Bosch blade?

OE frame with the Bosch refill. Side by side they were completely identical, Pivot points, attachment points and any other dimensions. It didn't seem like it would be any more effective for any reason.

I replaced my rear shocks and upper mounts with kyb and moog. Mazda want $524. Now i can put my summer wheels on!

image_7.jpg

Last edited:
OE frame with the Bosch refill. Side by side they were completely identical, Pivot points, attachment points and any other dimensions. It didn't seem like it would be any more effective for any reason.

that's great work, thanks for giving us a solution to this rear wiper hassel!.

I replaced my rear shocks and upper mounts with kyb and moog. Mazda want $524. Now i can put my summer wheels on!

image_7.jpg

those are some nice shocks., thems are the ones I wanted, but had to settle for Monroe oe spectrums, do you not have shock covers?? they wont last to long without them imo.

those are some nice shocks., thems are the ones I wanted, but had to settle for Monroe oe spectrums, do you not have shock covers?? they wont last to long without them imo.

Yeah! the KYBs didn't come with covers or bumpstops so I just transferred the ones from the old shocks (pictured) to the new ones. these shocks were only $47 each.

Just changed motor oil. Feel kind of wasteful but sticking to schedule in the OM. This oil could last much longer! When warranty is up will be running much longer intervals with Mobil 1 Extended Performance. I'm sure other high quality lubes like Pennzoil Platinum that I poured in today can last much longer than 7.5K miles/6 months with my driving also. My first and only used oil analysis (5 months and 3200 miles) for this car was very nice.

Out: M1 EP 0w-20 & Wix filter after 6 months and 4100 miles
In: PPPP 0w-20 & Wix filter

A little late for the "what I did today" but within last 2 weeks I did:
18" 5zigen FN01RCs with 225/40R18
H&R sports (mazda5 specific)
Emusa rear camber arms
Wellvisor window visors
Front lip
Clayed and polished

Been busy!

Installed Pirelli 4 season tires.
No more need to swap between winter and summer sets, not that we ever get any meaningful winter here anyway.
After the next weeks trip gonna be the front brakes.

Watched the MZ5 drive away for the last time today. Was a good car, served it's purpose well. Looks like I'll be on the Mazda 6 side from now on.

Back