weird vibration on front right

southernstyle

:
2007 MAZDA 3 TOURING
I am wondering if anyone has had this problem as well. I have a 2007 mazda3 5door. Love the car! I have just turned over 50k on it and I have noticed a vibration on the front right. I feel it mostly when I trun right and go over a bump or something else in the road. Feels like the front end is bouncing up & down. Sorta like what bad shocks/struts would do. I get home and check out shock/strut "bouce factor" by pushing down hard on the front end to see how long it takes for the car to stop bouncing. It doesn't even make it 1 bounce. In all my experience with cars for the last 25 years, bad shocks/struts would allow the car to continue through a few bounces. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already changed out the front motor mount a few months ago and it appears to be holding up well. HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT PLEASE!

Welcome to the forums. :)

Were you able to check your passenger side mount?

if you mean the top front engine mount on the passenger side, that is the one that I have already changed out. it was shot all to hell.

if you mean the top front engine mount on the passenger side, that is the one that I have already changed out. it was shot all to hell.

Oh Ok. At the moment the only thing I could think of is the mount or struts but you already checked thoughs out. Hhmm..

control arms, bushings, springs? there are a lot of things up under there and I would hate to replace the entire front right suspension. Will if I have to though

Chances are it might be something small. I would pretty much check everything you just listed. After rereading your first post it sounds like that strut is blown. Was it leaking any oil when you checked it?

no noticeable leak at this time. also, I am having trouble finding this particular part online for a "reasonable" price. Dealer wants to rape me for it. does anyone know of a good site to get stuff like this?

yeah. struts and/or shocks. some places say they have them, but when you check to make sure it fits, it does not. I am partial to Bilstein and Koni, but the $$$$ is outrageous. Anyone had to change out one of these yet themselves? I have done it on my truck several times, but this seems to be a bit different.

yeah. some places say they have them, but when you check to make sure it fits, it does not. I am partial to Bilstein and Koni, but the $$$$ is outrageous. Anyone had to change out one of these yet themselves? I have done it on my truck several times, but this seems to be a bit different.

oh. Check out some of the MS3/3 forsale threads. You might find a full set of Mz3 struts/shocks and MS3 struts/shocks. If you want a nice upgrade go with the OEM MS3s. They are much stiffer and handles much better then the regular OEM struts/shocks. I currently have them on my car.

checked with the dealer on the MS3s struts. They say that they will not fit my 2007 Mazda3 5door because of different suspension parts on the Speed versus my non-Speed 3. Is this correct? if you have these on your car...what do you have?

checked with the dealer on the MS3s struts. They say that they will not fit my 2007 Mazda3 5door because of different suspension parts on the Speed versus my non-Speed 3. Is this correct? if you have these on your car...what do you have?

:eek: WOW. I see why members have very little trust in the Mazda dealership when it comes to their knowledge on parts. Yes the suspension parts on the speed3 are different from the regular 3 but you can use them on your 3 without any modification or very little. Shocks/Struts, Sways, springs, endlinks(maybe) are compatible with the regular 3. Currently I have OEM MS3 shocks/struts on my 2006 Mazda3 5door. It was a direct install on my car, NO modification was done at all. I know a few other members who are using this set up as well.

btw I found this..

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123745249

ok cool thanks for the help. I will try that first and let everyone know what happens to the vibration. YES the dealership is not the best place for help when it comes to parts. They would rather just give you what they "know" fits the car. they just cannot think outside the box. It makes sense to me that there is not much difference between the 3 & the 3Speed that most parts "should" be interchangeable. However, it is always best to ask first from someone that has done it before you. Hopefully you can find pick up some really good tips of what works and what does not. Thanks again.

Back