2007 Mazda 5 radio has switched to Europe/Japan mode somehow

mapleloaf

My radio seems to have switched to using the japanese frequency ranges/increments for FM and the knobs for power and seek have reversed roles now. I'm not sure how it got into this mode -- does anyone know how to switch it back to behave like it should in North America?

Thanks!

Mapleloaf

omoshiroi desu!!! Nihon no frequency dekiru? Sugoi desu!!! demo switch back to N.A. mode wakaranai! Demo sugoi! Hahahahaha maybe we can switch headunits if I decide to take my USDM 5 to japan...

hi, I have 2006 mazda5. I built a gps in to the radio. In the process I found an interesting part on the face panel. there is a small resistor soldered to one of the five position. US,EU,JP,5K,9K. Mine was soldered to the US. I unsoldered and soldered to the EU but nothing happened. I thing there also some software different. Under the power knob are two small connector. I think they are for firmware update or something like that.

If your car is under warranty, take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

If it isn't under warranty, I wouldn't put too much time (and no money) into fixing it, rather just get a nice aftermarket radio from some place like Crutchfield.

Even if it's not under warranty why not go to your dealer and ask if he ever saw that. Mine solved me a lot of things (minor fix or just help me out) even f my car was not under warranty

Back