Forge BPV

AllLostThings

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
I put it on and love it. It seriously out performs the TUrboXS one I had on before. It may sound crazy but I don't get the metallic "ping" when I shift and I'm a little disappointed. Anyone else out there pingless?

it may be the inlet. i noticed less ping with the inlet. its kinda hard to describe the sound now.

but yeah, great valve. i actually just sold mine to try something else. i just hope i dont end up regretting it.

Yes I too notice the bark under light boost. My TurboXS valve did that too. I really miss I had that ping I heard in all the sound clips though.

gerbil bark w/ the tip, but it's worth it for the early spool and lower ltft's.

Return_of_the_Lemmiwinks_Experience.jpg

Mistersix does the inlet make it sound like a dog bark under light boost?

ehh, dog bark i dunno. at low boost i just seems to be a softer less loud version of the full boost sound.
to me it seems the TIP make the sound a lil less metallic, and almost more....wooden? like, more warm in pitch and tone.
i was just assuming that with a metal TIP that riccochett sound at full boost would be even further amplified.
that would be cool to though, like your shearing parts off your car(wow)

What size tubing can I buy to replace the recirce hose, it dosint seem to fit very tight on the nipple of the Forge....

I know it doesnt fit tight on mine either...you could put a worm style clamp on it. The Factory spring clamp is weak...thats why

I got a silicone recirc tube from SU a while back. It fits like a dream. I hose clamped it anyway but it goes on the Forge so tight it's really not needed.

MR Mazda that thing sounds SICK! Now I want to find out why I don't have the ping. I was content thinking it was my TIP doing it. I have the blue spring installed with no shim ( I beleive there is no shim in it) I opened it when I got it, it's used, and I saw the blue spring so I just installed it and gave it a test run. Maybe I'll crack it open and have another look tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
I got a silicone recirc tube from SU a while back. It fits like a dream. I hose clamped it anyway but it goes on the Forge so tight it's really not needed.

MR Mazda that thing sounds SICK! Now I want to find out why I don't have the ping. I was content thinking it was my TIP doing it. I have the blue spring installed with no shim ( I beleive there is no shim in it) I opened it when I got it, it's used, and I saw the blue spring so I just installed it and gave it a test run. Maybe I'll crack it open and have another look tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks man. I am using just the blue spring also. Not sure why it shouldn't sound the same tho. Cobb SRI with HTP Inlet and I'm hearing a slight whirring sound from the new TMIC too...hard to describe. All together, I love how this car has come together and it sounds beastly.

have u guys thot of the reason that the "ping" sound may sounds different or muffled when using a different tip, its the material the inlet is made out of. mr. mazda had the htp which is steel, if ur using cobb's or cpe's, those are silicone/rubber hoses which would deaden the sound of the bpv. the htp or pg would help resonate the ping making it sound wicked lol

have u guys thot of the reason that the "ping" sound may sounds different or muffled when using a different tip, its the material the inlet is made out of. mr. mazda had the htp which is steel, if ur using cobb's or cpe's, those are silicone/rubber hoses which would deaden the sound of the bpv. the htp or pg would help resonate the ping making it sound wicked lol

its a sound i personally like alot :D

It all depends on what gear I am in. 1st and 2nd I can almost eliminate the sound of the Forge all together. the more boost I generate in those gears the louder it becomes. 3rd it seems to go back to the old ping and same for 4th 5th and 6th. The MS6 however seems to have the same loud ping all the time. I also noticed that a MS6 w/ MSCAI, Cobb TIP and Forge has a LOUD ping in every gear no matter, louder than my Forge ever was, ever!

installed mine today and have a question but didnt want to add to the hundreds of threads.
am i supposed to have the loud woosh of air before the ping or is it just supposed to ping? i have the yellow spring with both shims installed.

installed mine today and have a question but didnt want to add to the hundreds of threads.
am i supposed to have the loud woosh of air before the ping or is it just supposed to ping? i have the yellow spring with both shims installed.

At lower boost..you will have the woosh before the ping..but at WOT..they are pretty close together. Don't worry, its perfectly normal.

Back