Power seats: Smart Card

nyc1dxo

Is it possible to program the driver's seat to adjust to each SmartCard that matches the individual. I like my seat to be very retracted, while my wife likes the seat to be closer to the steering wheel.

It does have that capability. Look it up in the manual.

Programming
One seat position can be programmed into
each advanced key/retractable type key.
After the following conditions have been
met, operate the seat and the advanced
key/retractable type key to program the
seat positions.
l The engine switch is in the LOCK
position
(The auxiliary key/retractable type key
is removed from the ignition switch)
l The driver's door is open
1. Adjust the seat to the desired position.
For each seat position adjustment
method, refer to the following pages:
Seat Slide (page 2-5)
Seat Recline (page 2-6)
Height Adjustment (page 2-6)
2. If the driver's door is closed, open it.
3. Press and hold the unlock button of the
advanced key/retractable type key
while pressing the set button until a
beep sound is heard.
Seat position call up
Unlock the doors using the unlock button
on the advanced key/retractable type key,
and open the driver's door.

Last edited:
So you can actually have the seat adjust when you open the door instead of having to push the 1,2, or 3 buttons on the ouside of the seat? I've known other cars that work this way, but didn't know that ours did this.

However, power mirrors are not part of the memory system. The Smart Card can't help on those, either. Just a note to that.

yup, owner's manual is your friend. It's actually quite easy to program seat positions to each key. But, note that the seat will only move to the position programmed when you hit the unlock button on the key. Having the key in your pocket and using the "request" button on the door handle will not move the seat to the desired setting. It's common sense but I still forget all the time.

I wouldn't expect the CX-9 to have memory mirror and steering wheel. It would usually be reserved for luxury vehicles, though one can argue for around $42k MSRP, it is charging premium (luxury) price. Good thing most of us paid around $30k for a loaded GT :)

I was able to program the seat to my advanced key. I can't believe I hadn't done this sooner, didn't know you could tie it to the key.

After you program it with the key you just hit the unlock button on the key and then open the door within 30 seconds and your seat magically adjusts to the correct position. I thought the only option was to program the buttons to your desired seating position. Stupid me....

Good luck getting these memory settings to still work after a couple of weeks. I've given up reprogramming my smart keys after about the 5th time they lost their memory (car is used every day) as it's easier just to move the seat.

Really. I've had mine for a couple of months now and the buttons on the outsied of the seats have at least retained their programming. I just recently paired up the settings with the advanced key, so can't speak to the efficacy of your statement.

I don't have memory seat in my 07' CX-9 TR, but I have it in my 2010 3.
I think they both same. Programming is very easy. However, it only allows 40s to open the door to activate seat moving. Longer than that, it won't, but I can push the button. If the engine's starting, you have to push and hold button until the seat moves to memorized position.

Latest posts

Back