HID Conversion Bulb Size Questions for 2009 Mazda 3 HB

Richie Bricks

:
Black Mica Mazda 3 5 Door Touring
Just want to make sure that these are the right bulb sizes when I buy my HID kit conversion for my 09 Mazda 3 HB.

I have the stock halogen (not HID) so I'd really appreciate if anyone who has done there HID conversion solidify and double check for me.

I'm going to get:

H7 Lows
HB4 Fogs.

Also, does anyone know if HB4 and 9006 are the same? In my manual it says HB4 but here

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

it says 9006. So I just want to make sure that HB4 and 9006 are the same.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
im sure u got the low beams correct, that wut i got, 6000k bulbs. i believe the fogs are H11, they are on my mazda 3, but my 3 is 2004 maybe they upgraded it since then

yeah im positive the fogs are different than the 2009. in the manual they're called TYPE B and I know the earlier ones were circular so those are TYPE A. Not to sound like a smartass. Thanks though! One down. one to go!

Just want to make sure that these are the right bulb sizes when I buy my HID kit conversion for my 09 Mazda 3 HB.

I have the stock halogen (not HID) so I'd really appreciate if anyone who has done there HID conversion solidify and double check for me.

I'm going to get:

H7 Lows
HB4 Fogs.

Also, does anyone know if HB4 and 9006 are the same? In my manual it says HB4 but here

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

it says 9006. So I just want to make sure that HB4 and 9006 are the same.

Thanks for the help!

How much did you get your HID kit for and where did you get it? I have the same car and just curious how much it would cost me.

How much did you get your HID kit for and where did you get it? I have the same car and just curious how much it would cost me.

ddmtuning.com

alot of the members on here have them too and i hear good things about them. relatively cheap, lifetime warranty and quick shipping. i got mine 2 days after purchase.

ps. i also bought two wiring harnesses to prevent any flickering in the future.
plus i think? its required on our 3's.

total was about 210 bucks for 1 kit for lows, 1 kit for fogs, 2 wiring harnesses.
1 kit alone is about 85 bucks? you have to check the site.

slim ballast 35w 8000 and 3000k

ddmtuning.com

alot of the members on here have them too and i hear good things about them. relatively cheap, lifetime warranty and quick shipping. i got mine 2 days after purchase.

ps. i also bought two wiring harnesses to prevent any flickering in the future.
plus i think? its required on our 3's.

total was about 210 bucks for 1 kit for lows, 1 kit for fogs, 2 wiring harnesses.
1 kit alone is about 85 bucks? you have to check the site.

slim ballast 35w 8000 and 3000k

Wow $65 is cheap for HID lights. So we would need the harness? I would like to see some pics of them when you get them installed.

Latest posts

Back