Handbrake / Parking Brake light stays on

jimmybrite

:
Mazda Protege 2002 LX
Hi, I'm having some issues with the handbrake light in the dash staying lit all the time, I've removed the center console only to find that the handbrake switch is fine? what gives? It's quite annoying because at every street corner my lights flash and I hear the "click" sound in my car (It's because of my remote starter/alarm)
Could it be because of my Starter/Alarm module?
I also have issues with the remote starter not working sometimes and when I mess with the remote starter/alarm unit's wires it works SOMETIMES...
I'm also missing my hood pin but it doesn't seem to mess anything up.
HELP!
My car came with that crappy after market alarm module probably from Canadian Tire, it's just called "Power" lol. Yeah Power to make me angry.
When I bought the car it wouldn't remote start and even the dealer didn't know how to fix it, when I looked in the fuse box there were bad taped up loose wires and there was a switch(on a loose wire?) connected to the amazing "Power" alarm module and it was set to ON, when I set it to OFF it magically worked.
Now the switch fell off, meh.
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has some ideas as to how to fix it, Thanks for your time.

something with the break system man... Check your rotors and pads, if they are good check your fluid level, if thats good, your s*** out of luck.

K, will do thanks a lot!, my brakes are super strong still, and I only checked the read drums as of yet, and there's like 4mm of material on the shoes, but as I said my "power" alarm unit is really buggy, my car will remote start only like 25% of the time! I'll have to break out the multimeter as well. Is the brake fluid also the power steering fluid (it's either my car or my moms corolla that shares the fluids, I can't remember)

Wow I just filled up my brake fluid and like magic "click" it went off thanks everyone, it's greatly appreciated (My car's been parked 2 years, don't ask)
And yeah, different reservoirs for both brakes/steering, it may be my mom's corolla.

Handbrake light stays on

I know this is old but I had the same problem. Lots of people make suggestions but none quite did it. I found that if I pulled up the cup holder in the console there is a single brown wire visible that goes to a switch just under the brake handle. That switch is held there by a gold screw. Mine was loose so the switch could not complete the circuit. Tightening that screw as all that was wrong.

Hi, I'm having some issues with the handbrake light in the dash staying lit all the time, I've removed the center console only to find that the handbrake switch is fine? what gives? It's quite annoying because at every street corner my lights flash and I hear the "click" sound in my car (It's because of my remote starter/alarm)
Could it be because of my Starter/Alarm module?
I also have issues with the remote starter not working sometimes and when I mess with the remote starter/alarm unit's wires it works SOMETIMES...
I'm also missing my hood pin but it doesn't seem to mess anything up.
HELP!
My car came with that crappy after market alarm module probably from Canadian Tire, it's just called "Power" lol. Yeah Power to make me angry.
When I bought the car it wouldn't remote start and even the dealer didn't know how to fix it, when I looked in the fuse box there were bad taped up loose wires and there was a switch(on a loose wire?) connected to the amazing "Power" alarm module and it was set to ON, when I set it to OFF it magically worked.
Now the switch fell off, meh.
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has some ideas as to how to fix it, Thanks for your time.

Back