AC recharge...

uhh how is it a scam...the refrigerant gas loses its ability to transfer heat after time.

you just go to pep boys and buy the R134a can and hook it to your AC line. theres better directions on the can probably.

While Bryan isn't wrong, 134 lasts much longer than the 3 or so years you've had your car.

It's a closed system... so if it's low, you probably have a leak. You can buy the gauges from pep boys, but it may be worth paying to have it recharged with some dye and keeping an eye on your lines to see how many pounds they pull and where it's coming from, if it is leaking.

If you're leaking, you'll be able to use some of that r134. But if you exceed the capacity of the system, all you'll be doing is heating up your refrigerant and you'll get hot air. Best bet is to take it to a shop, have them suck out everything, then put refrigerant back in with leak detecting dye.

I've had this happen before with another vehicle. Like my car it sat for a long time without running. The seals dried out and the coolant leaked out, it was fine after a recharge.

I just had my a/c recharged today and it is ice cold now! This will be my first summer having a car with a/c!!

I've had this happen before with another vehicle. Like my car it sat for a long time without running. The seals dried out and the coolant leaked out, it was fine after a recharge.

R134a is gaseous, I don't see how it could have dried out seals. But regardless- I was thinking about this. Your car is bone stock. Take it in for warranty. That is definitely covered under the bumper-to-bumper.

Yeah I was thinking about it to and I'm a moron. The shop that did the repair work after my wreck had to replace some of the AC lines. So you were right to think there was a leak in one of the lines. I'll be calling them this morning and see about dropping off my car tonight.

The saga continues.... So I bringing in they run it and check it the system it's low. They pull all the junk out and weigh it, yep it's low. They refill it with dye to find the leak. Call me to pick it up and say bring it back in a few weeks so they can check for leaks. I get in the car, and roll home things are great. The wife and I leave to catch a movie, crank up the AC and BAM! Hot! WTF?!?! At least before it went back and forth now it's just hot. FUCKER! So I'll talk to the shop tomorrow, but I don't think this is just becuase of a leak. Looks like I'll be taking it in to the dealership for some warranty worl.

Back