Mazda 3 timing belt

go fig. either way they're failing almost left and right. but then again all we see are the problems, right? lol

go fig. either way they're failing almost left and right. but then again all we see are the problems, right? lol

That's what makes aggregated reliability info from sites like www.truedelta.com and consumerreports.org useful -- they contain data not only from those with problems, but also from those without problems so that one can get a general idea of actual failure rates, including specific areas of basic automotive function (i.e. electrical, engine, transmission, body integrity, etc.).

Granted, they both share one major statistical flaw -- the aggregated data is only from those who've filled out their respective surveys and is therefore not representative of the entire population. That being said, the data's still useful as a general guide, and honestly, it's better than nothing.

My $0.02.

question about a ticking noise i have. for a back ground on the tick, i posted in this thread a while back about it (link to page i started posting on) http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123730564&page=9

was talking to my uncle who own a mechanic shop about it an he mentioned that the timing components on the 2.3L engines are know to go bad and cause this kind of tick/knock. i was wondering if the mazda techs that post on here would know if this is true or not. and if so, what parts usually go bad and cause the tick/knock? and where could i get the parts? my warranty expired a few days ago, so i am kinda SOL on getting it fixed for free.

hey guys/gals,

my '04 2.3 has started to rattle a bit as well. I've only got about 67,000 on it, and I don't drive very aggressively. In the past few months it sounds like the front end is going to drop off when rpm's go below 700 or so, mostly when starting off in first or idling. As far as handling, everything's fine, so I don't think it's anything in the struts. I also checked all the fairings and plastic guards to make sure they weren't rattling against each other. How do you check motor mounts to see if they are still good, and what else should I check. There doesn't seem to be a difference between warm or cold weather, it kinda happens all the time. Sometimes I hear it going over bumps, but only at slow(under 10mph) speeds.

Thanks!

check the motor mount, 2004 models have that problem,i had to change 2 motor mounts on my car 2004 mazda 3i

Back