Differential Leaking

SeCX-9

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Noticed this weekend some small "oil" spots on my garage floor between the rear tires. Just 3 drops.....put some saw dust on them.

Noticed a new one last night and took a look underneath. Looks like the differential is leaking....nice!

Anyone else have this problem? Going to have them perform the Power driver seat wiring recall also.

Thanks
Howard

Noticed this weekend some small "oil" spots on my garage floor between the rear tires. Just 3 drops.....put some saw dust on them.

Noticed a new one last night and took a look underneath. Looks like the differential is leaking....nice!

Anyone else have this problem? Going to have them perform the Power driver seat wiring recall also.

Thanks
Howard

Luckily you're still under warranty.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mazda.

Luckily you're still under warranty.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mazda.

Are you kidding? Nice. Not what I expected from a Japanese car.

No better than my old Explorer huh?

Thank god I bought the extended warranty....Guess it's going to come in use...

MUCH better than your Explorer. One little thing does not a bad car make. No one else here has reported your problem, so it was just a rare case of a simple oversight. We had one like that: A loud groaning noise every time the front suspension compressed. Turned out to be the strut bump stops. They never got a coat of grease. A lot of noise for nothing, and an easy fix.

Look at the TSB list for the CX9 vs. comparable Fords. Minor annoyances for Mazda, major mechanical failures for Ford. (Found On Road Dead really does apply)

Last edited:

Thanks
Howard

Service guys see the leaking differential. Have to wait until tomorrow for the gasket to arrive. Service guy says that "its such a little leak anyways"....but as we know, little leaks turn into bigger leaks then failures. No leaks is ideal in my mind.

Anyways, since it's under warranty they gave me a loaner car until tomorrow when it hopefully is ready. Gasket part has to be shipped in.

That too. Or...

Ford Owners Recommend Dodge
Full Of Rust Deposits
F**ker Only Rolls Downhill

On the flipside...

My Ass Zipping Down Avenues

Last edited:
Back