MS3 randomly died...

paylew

:
09 CWP MS3
on the interstate tonight. When I shifted into 6th all of the sudden all the lights that come on when you put the car in accessory like oil, battery, CEL, etc... I tried giving it gas and the RPMs didn't go up, it didn't rev, no power steering but had power brakes. It was just like the car was in neutral, turned off, cruising... and the turbo timer didn't kick on. Took the next exit and turned the key into the off position and the TT still didn't kick in but the car started back up just fine and didn't have any other problems....

Now, I have no idea why the hell it happened. I'm hoping it may just a wiring issue, the car didn't make any funny noises or anything like that. Anyone else have an idea?

Well thats scary! Subbing to hear what happened. Let's hope all it is, is wiring, then again, that's a botched wiring that could have been a lot worse for an outcome.

I'd take the turbo timer out. Sounds like that might be causing a problem (can't think of anything else that has the ability to turn the car off other than the key), and it's really not necessary at all. Take it out and sell it.

Back