aux input media button question for cx9

9xc8002

i just bought a corporate demo 2008 CX-9 GT AWD black/back with NAV. I want to listen to music stored in iPhone 3G through CX-9's speakers. So, I bought a 3.5 mm cable (with both ends).

I plugged one end into my iphone's headphone jack and the other one in aux input. Turned the power on of the audio system and pressed the media button. But nothing happens. I don't see the "aux" display. (By the way, I have the volume turned up to max on my iphone)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Does your CX9 have Sat or iPod integration? Either one of these will take over the port that the Aux normally would use. I just had the Sat put in my car and my Aux no longer works.

I do not subscribe to any SIRRIUS or XM satellite channels. But there is the SAT button and when I press it, I get the emergency/weather channel.

So, does that mean I am SOL in terms using the aux port to listen to music on my iphone? Is a there a workaround?

Thanks.

I do not subscribe to any SIRRIUS or XM satellite channels. But there is the SAT button and when I press it, I get the emergency/weather channel.

So, does that mean I am SOL in terms using the aux port to listen to music on my iphone? Is a there a workaround?

Thanks.

You do have SAT (not a bad thing). In order to get both SAT and AUX you will need a thing called a switch Box. Dealer can do it.

I would pull off the rear panel where the vents and climate controls are to see if the connection for the aux jack is secured. You should not have any issues with have both SAT and aux. SAT and I-Pod kit, yes..

I would pull off the rear panel where the vents and climate controls are to see if the connection for the aux jack is secured. You should not have any issues with have both SAT and aux. SAT and I-Pod kit, yes..
I just had the Sat put into mine and my Aux no longer works. Unless the dealer installed the switchbox then you only get one. At least that is how it is on my 08.

I am running into this same problem; just got an 08 with Sirius and the aux input doesn't work.

Can I disable or remove the Sirius so I can use the aux?

Aux with nav and RSES

I don't know if you got an answer or not. I had the same problem and it took me forever to figure out. I will add that I have nav and RSES, but no sat or pod, just the miniplug for aux in the console. You have to hit the media button on the nav unit then hit a button on the RSES dvd remote control. There are also audio and composite video inputs in the very back row. The input for these jacks are also controlled by the remote control.

On 08, this was a design oversight (not really a flaw). The unit can only take 1 aux input. When you have SAT, the aux no longer works unless you have the "switch box" installed to switch between the two. On 09 model, the switch box is either installed from factory or the unit can take more than 1 aux inputs (not sure). Either way, 09 model has no such issue.

So, if you have have SAT and your aux jack does not work on your 08 model, it is NORMAL. You either need a switch box installed, or have the dealer take the SAT out and sell it on eBay. Mine 08 has no SAT, so my aux jack works w/o a hiccup.

I would pull off the rear panel where the vents and climate controls are to see if the connection for the aux jack is secured.

How do you do this? I want to check my AUX connection (no sound when iPod is plugged in and Sirius shows in the non-Navi display) and I do not want to damage the dash.

Back