NEMOC Random BS Thread

Nice plan Mark! So just how slow are the days going for you? lol

The snow is melting fast here and you wouldn't think we had 2.5" feet 10 days ago. Possible flooding tomorrow as it's supposed to pour all day. I'll have to keep an eye/ear on the pumps in the basement.

lol Maff, you and me both! I see that FM is moving the rest of the 3500's at $895 with free shipping. It is very tempting but we plan to add an SUV to the stable at some point so a 5000 would make more sense.

The snow is melting fast here and you wouldn't think we had 2.5" feet 10 days ago. Possible flooding tomorrow as it's supposed to pour all day. I'll have to keep an eye/ear on the pumps in the basement.

lol Maff, you and me both! I see that FM is moving the rest of the 3500's at $895 with free shipping. It is very tempting but we plan to add an SUV to the stable at some point so a 5000 would make more sense.

I want the 5000 regardless because of the higher lifting height over the 3500, so that transmissions and diffs can be pulled without issue.

Oh y'all are making me so jealous with having a garage and your fun cars still!! Its been weird out here, over the summer I would see plenty of miatas with their tops up (80-90 and not humid at all). The recently I would see all of them with their tops down when it is in the mid 40s. People are weird out here!

Had best day of skiing ever sunday. Powder day saturday so we just got the scraps, but still plenty of fun. Hung with a group of 8 for a bit which lead to peer pressure. Let's just say I did not land that jump.

highres_446452039 by kyle.reutenauer, on Flickr
highres_446452141 by kyle.reutenauer, on Flickr

I want the 5000 regardless because of the higher lifting height over the 3500, so that transmissions and diffs can be pulled without issue.
i probably should have bought the 5000....let's hope the tranny slides out ok??? i did measure it and i have room, but prob not having a dolly under it...the rubber mat will let me pull it out

i probably should have bought the 5000....let's hope the tranny slides out ok??? i did measure it and i have room, but prob not having a dolly under it...the rubber mat will let me pull it out

I'd have to look, but IIRC I put the trans on my trans jack and measured 21" or thereabouts. A buddy was testing them out for QuickJack serveral years ago and I came very close to pulling the trigger.

I'm still working each day and I have my hobby of ripping my car apart!! We have no snow and had 6" at the most

Oh I forgot to mention last week, but the p5 lives again!! Torches are not a common tool out here so the first shop I went to did not have one. Second shop did and they were able to get alternator off (with some decent effort). So happy to be driving it again.

my mom is a bit south of Sarasota, Venice ( and my brother). Have fun, oh yea, you going to the Glen this yo and stay for more that 18 hrs???

Yes sir but really I only need a few hours, it is the 6 hours of the Glen.

We did a day trip to Sarasota on Sunday, nice area, very nice beach and seems to be a little ritzy.

So work progress update on the 5 speed swap, everything is unplug/unconnected, tranny supported from above, and drive shaft is out, now the fun, unbolting her and dropping her down. Off to NC for a week so she'll have to wait till I get back [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a2645f68bf1fe4559fccaae1c694b72d.jpg

How do you like the jack system? Would kill for something like that, of course I would kill just to have a garage.

I love it, it had a few hiccups at first . One of the Pistons was bad, but it's repaired now. It's nice having all 4 wheels off the ground and be able to move under so easily

Hey hey folks. How's everything going?

I went to my first 24 hr Daytona race last weekend with Sean and Phen. I had a blast and will definitely be doing it again next year. Camping out was totally worth it, but next year I will be renting a golf cart. After adding it all up, I walked about 30 miles that weekend and took almost 2500 pictures.

I went to my first 24 hr Daytona race last weekend with Sean and Phen. I had a blast and will definitely be doing it again next year. Camping out was totally worth it, but next year I will be renting a golf cart. After adding it all up, I walked about 30 miles that weekend and took almost 2500 pictures.
It's on my bucket list for sure! May be next year!

It's on my bucket list for sure! May be next year!

I did it in 2013, was an awesome experience, I think it was the last year that Marlon and Lauri were involved. I know what you mean about the walking, I hitched rides where I could. If I were to do it again I would at least bring a bike. Most memorable was taking the large Ferris wheel at 2am to watch the cars race around the track.

When I did Watkins Glen I brought my bike. It was totally worth it. It's a long way from turn 1 to the tip of the boot, and I imagine Daytona is the same.

When I did Watkins Glen I brought my bike. It was totally worth it. It's a long way from turn 1 to the tip of the boot, and I imagine Daytona is the same.

I was vastly underprepared for the scale of Daytona. Lime Rock has spoiled me with everything being close.

I did it in 2013, was an awesome experience, I think it was the last year that Marlon and Lauri were involved. I know what you mean about the walking, I hitched rides where I could. If I were to do it again I would at least bring a bike. Most memorable was taking the large Ferris wheel at 2am to watch the cars race around the track.

I did the ferris wheel too. It was completely worth it!!

Minor work on Mia. Changed the LR turn signal bulb. RR turn bulb is the only original left.

Also redid the Phone holder mount. Hopefully this solution will last more than 1 year.

It's what I'm using now.

Had to repair the front drivers turn signal wire. I had modified it back in 2011 to use the turn signals as DRL's. One of the wires was causing issues. Cut out the bad piece and respliced. Also had to replace the bulb.

Couldn't autox today. Apparently the airport they race at requires a 10 day notice of all people racing. I missed the fine print somewhere and they emailed me to say I couldn't race and apologized. Oh well.​

Back