NEMOC Random BS Thread

that would be great...we'll see what the schedule brings...

this is very disappointing (notcool)...i was so looking forward to sebring, had it all planned out with some other visits and the like. what do you think it would take to do our own corral at LRP? i think the tent is an important piece, we could rent one? the food we could all bring and cook ourselves...count me in to help!

Cool let me know Mark.

Lauri and Marlon, That is awful news. So Sebring and The Glen are out I am assuming. Looks like I will have to switch to LRP. When is it now??

But even though it's over, I would like to say a big thanks to Lauri and Marlon for their support and effort. I have some truly memorable trips to cherish.

i think those who want will still make it out to LRP and we can do our own thing...too bad for mazda though! whatever i can do to assist, count me in, this event has been the highlight of my spring/fall!!

Ryan @ LRP has already reached out to me, once we hammer out the details, I will let everyone know! We really appreciate the years of support and friendships we've made! Can't kill the tradition or the spirit of this event!

Good morn! What's everyone doing for the holidays? I'm home have family coming, we're doing our Christmas this coming sat with my kids and grand kids. Looking forward to it!

Quiet Xmas for Mary and I. Moving to Panama City Beach Saturday.

But for a week in early Jan my 2 girls are visiting us. Can't wait.

nice bruce!

taking a few days off next week, with the family here it will be a good to spend some down time with the grand kids! maybe build a few lego things!

nice bruce!

taking a few days off next week, with the family here it will be a good to spend some down time with the grand kids! maybe build a few lego things!

I'm going to make it all about me with a "me too!" post, but I'm taking my first real vacation in a couple years. I guess you could include SCCA Solo Nationals 2013, but that was as much work as anything... and while I've had a lot of time off work in the last 24 months, much of it was spent with my wife in the hospital. HOWEVER: My brother and his girlfriend / not quite fiance`, and my parents (all of whom live in Italy) are in town visiting us for the holidays, and I'm taking 3. GOD. DAMN. WEEKS. off starting Thursday when my brother flies in, and ending after the weekend he flies out. I'm SO psyched :D

Bruce: I'll be there/here until next week. I'm covering a site for work. We should get together and catch up.

I'm acquainted through racing with a couple guys who were gunner's mates up in the "top floor" (with the radar tracking equipment) of those 16" turrets. They've said the noise & concussion from them firing is as indescribable as a shuttle or other big rocket launch.

...and apparently being in the turret was the quietest part of the ship to be in during live fire.

This picture always brings a smile to my face.
WNUS_16-50_mk7_Iowa_pic.jpg

^^^That's just full of awesome! :)

That sux to hear about Mazda pulling the corrals. Did they say why or what direction they want to go in?

Awesome about the upcoming vaca Andrew, one that is well deserved. Enjoy that time with the fam and the boys!!! And stay out of the garage. :p

Have fun with the kids and grandkids Mark. We will be spending the day at Tamz parents as we do every year. No real set dinner, just pick at food all day and hang out.

I may take some vaca as well before Christmas is upon us. Looked at my PTO today and surprisingly I still have 70hrs left. I can only carry over 40 so right now I'm looking at losing 30. Think I'll take a half day on Monday to attend my wife's Christmas lunch at work.

As promised here are pics of the gaming pc for our son. It was actually very easy, had a power issue at one point but took everything back out and then re-installed one component at a time and couldn't duplicate it? I think he will be quite happy. :)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Neat Jeff.

I'm going to make it all about me with a "me too!" post, but I'm taking my first real vacation in a couple years. I guess you could include SCCA Solo Nationals 2013, but that was as much work as anything... and while I've had a lot of time off work in the last 24 months, much of it was spent with my wife in the hospital. HOWEVER: My brother and his girlfriend / not quite fiance`, and my parents (all of whom live in Italy) are in town visiting us for the holidays, and I'm taking 3. GOD. DAMN. WEEKS. off starting Thursday when my brother flies in, and ending after the weekend he flies out. I'm SO psyched :D

Sounds like a plan Andrew

Bruce: I'll be there/here until next week. I'm covering a site for work. We should get together and catch up.

Yessir, I replied to your pm.

Hey,

Where are you guys ordering Mazda Parts from on the web? looks like since Jason left, Montgomery Mazda is terrible.

Hey,

Where are you guys ordering Mazda Parts from on the web? looks like since Jason left, Montgomery Mazda is terrible.

Depends on what you need. New stock parts I use Mazdaspeed (for which you may or may not be elegible). For used stock parts, I usually use Parts Group. They had been out of the Birmingham area, just moved shop to Daytona, so they're still local-ish. Their website sucks, but you can call or e-mail them with what you need and they've tracked down some pretty hard to find parts for me.

I use Mazmart or Rosenthal Mazda for new OEM stuff (one of them always has the lowest price i can find anywhere), PlanetMiata for used/salvage OEM, and a variety of vendors for aftermarket stuff.

Celica finally got it's inspection this morning. A littany of repairs. And within an hour, it's up for sale! :)
http://poconos.craigslist.org/cto/4812149680.html

Still some more work to be done on it, but now that it has an active inspection sticker, it's value shoots up considerably to the local craigslisters.

I use Mazmart or Rosenthal Mazda for new OEM stuff (one of them always has the lowest price i can find anywhere), PlanetMiata for used/salvage OEM, and a variety of vendors for aftermarket stuff.

Paul and Chris at Mazmart always treat me good. I guess it helps that I am in Atlanta and nearby too..

I see Bruce brought crappy weather with him to Panama City. It is supposed to rain for the next few days.

Thanks Bruce!

Your welcome Chris, see ya soon. I see it gets better once you leave.

started packing today. Had to find a way to carry the kayak. Hopefully this setup will work. Will find out tomorrow.

IMG_20141219_131726.jpg

Since getting the Miata I've used Rosenthal for new parts and happy with their service and shipping. Haven't used Mazmart or parts group but have read very good things about them on other forums. Used Planet Miata to buy a cheap replacement handle. Only thing I found odd with that was the post office mailed it to Philly first? Planet Miata is approx. an hour and half North of me whereas Philly is an hour South???

Bruce, why not carry it on the Miata? Worked for bringing it home. :)

Since getting the Miata I've used Rosenthal for new parts and happy with their service and shipping. Haven't used Mazmart or parts group but have read very good things about them on other forums. Used Planet Miata to buy a cheap replacement handle. Only thing I found odd with that was the post office mailed it to Philly first? Planet Miata is approx. an hour and half North of me whereas Philly is an hour South???

Bruce, why not carry it on the Miata? Worked for bringing it home. :)

Thanks Jeff, will check it out.

How are you doing after the crash?

No roof rack for the Miata. I can only carry it with the top down.

Raining in Perdido Key, supposed to stop soon so delaying departure for a few hours.

Back