NEMOC Random BS Thread

It happened so fast. When we got out on the track there were parts and broken glass everywhere. We were stuffing bumper covers into the hatches that the rear glass was broken and then the flatbeds hauled them away. They rebuilt the tire wall and 15 mins they were racing, or what was left of the field.

hey everyone! I was shocked when I drove by a mazda dealer yesterday and there was a 2002 white p5 out front for 7k. These cars are holding onto 'value' like mad!

Here's a link to the crash. We were standing on the balcony of a building at the bottom left of turn 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkmAFi0nI4

Speaking of crashes, did you see the one in Boston recently where the driver fell asleep and pit-maneuvered a school bus in one of the tunnels?

hey everyone! I was shocked when I drove by a mazda dealer yesterday and there was a 2002 white p5 out front for 7k. These cars are holding onto 'value' like mad!

Wow 7k! How many miles? I don't think Oleg paid that for his rust free California car. I'm still amazed I picked up my FB for so cheap. It feels like I stole it, so much fun to drive. I really miss putting the pedal to the floor. I could never do that in the MS6, the car was just too fast for the street to play with its limit.

Not much progress on the truck these days. I don't know when I'm ever going to get that intake, and until I see it I'm not really motivated to work on it. I did reupholster the seats though so those are ready to go in. I've got the chassis harness pretty much done except for terminating the lights. Engine bay harness needs to be done but without knowing the length of wire to each of the components, its not worth starting.

So yeah, I've just been zooming around in the RX7 lately.

Speaking of crashes, did you see the one in Boston recently where the driver fell asleep and pit-maneuvered a school bus in one of the tunnels?

That's the thing that scares me about tunnels. Pile ups and subsequent fires in tunnels are "bend over and kiss your ass goodbye" events. It's not that I think about it every time I'm in a tunnel of any sort and tense up, but anytime someone does anything stupid (like that guy, or the dude that fell asleep ahead of us in a tunnel between Italy and France and fortunately just slammed into the right side guardrail) I start to worry a bit. It is not a place I want to be.

Hey all! I can't wait for LRP. However this year I may be coming without a Mazda. Too much to do with the RX-7 and I just don't think it'll be ready. More of a project than I thought it would be, but that's ok. I've been very busy on weekends hanging out with my new friends/car club. We are called Mass Velocity, a group of exotic and unique vehicles. A local friend of mine got me into the group. He owns quite a few cars, many of which I've driven including the Ferrari F355, Maserati GranTurismo Sport, and a Factory Five GTM. We don't work on the cars like our club, but rather go to car shows, fun runs, lunch/dinner meets, charity events, etc. It's been a fun summer so far. I do miss the good ol' days though!

64f1mx.jpg

3322avq.jpg

Been riding around the country side in the cx5 all week, KY, VA, NC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was an instructor yesterday for our Miata Club. Most of these people are middle aged or more and never really push their cars. So it was alot of fun for me to get them out of their comfort zone. We had 4 events, slalom, lane change, emergency braking, and skid pad. In the afternoon we then connected them to create an autocross. It was great to see them all smiling and pushing harder and harder with each run.

Finally got some nice warm weather to paint the rims. I didn't realize that I had bought gold metallizer Plastic dip instead of the plain gold but them turned out better than I thought. Sort of bronze with a green tint over the old black powdercoat. Will post some pics when the car is clean again.

Sounds like a good time bruce! Let's see those rims! Also, Jay's a few more weeks and it's WG time!!!

Sounds like a good time bruce! Let's see those rims! Also, Jay's a few more weeks and it's WG time!!!

Problem taking pics, either it's too bright outside or the car is too dirty.

One thing I forgot to mention, at the school I got a chance to drive the CX-3. I really liked the car, suv, whatever. It handled very well, not a ton of power but the auto with the paddle shifter worked very well. Car seem composed during the autox, especially for a tall vehicle. Back seat was cramped though. Haven't driven a CX-5 yet so I can't compare.

Hey, hey....hey! Can't believe that it's already June! Anyone watching the NBA finals tonight? I'm picking Cleveland in six...Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are active and healthy this year. And could this be the year we see the Cubbies play the BoSox in the World Series!? :D

Take the pics at dusk Bruce. It won't be as bright and the dusk will hide the dirt. ;)

I haven't driven the CX-3 or CX-5 yet but do like the looks of the CX-3. I've been trying to push a Ceramic Metallic one on Tam but she wants a CX-5. Hopefully Mazda will offer it in Ceramic Metallic when we are ready to buy. Saw that color in person at the local dealer and fell in love with it.

I'm really enjoying this Spring/Summer so far. First one in years that I haven't had to work two jobs so taking advantage of it. On the 11th I'm going on a cruise with the local club to the Poconos, on the 18th it's a run into South Jersey with a stop at the River Horse Brewery for a tour and lunch and the 25th is a trip to Reading where we'll meet up and take a night drive to get ice cream! :) :) :)

Love our cx5! We need more room in the "boot" but I must say the 3 is nice! Jeff you coming to WG?? If so contact Lauire!
Enjoy the cruisin!

I'm watching the finals. Cavs got smoked last night. Too many guys standing around not doing much. They need to move more on offense to get uncontested shots.

Back