NEMOC Random BS Thread

Congrats Chris.

ya, congrats!

looks like i wont be driving the msm to and from work, the roads here are all torn up. major repairs underway and they've got the roads chewed up and there is left over asphalt pebbles everywhere :(

I know all states are different but I figure Ill ask anyway. I want to transfer my MEEP plate from the p5 to my miata (as a classic plate). Not sure how to go about doing that. Im moving to Washington this summer and plan to keep the miata registered to my parents in CT (keep it there for a while also), and then get washington plate on the p5. Would that likely be just a visit to transfer plate/registration and then I get a brand new plate for the p5?

yeah me either! I think Ill just end up driving MEEP out to washington and then Ill transfer the regular CT plate with MEEP over to the miata and then get myself washington plates. Itll be just a lot cheaper than trying to get MEEP as a classic plate onto the car.

Ill need to make sure I see everyone before I head west!!

Well hello there! Crazy couple of days, worked the polls on Tuesday and got a nice burn from standing/sitting outside for 13 hours, yesterday we celebrated our 20th! :) Was going to head down to Sandy Hook in the Miata for the day but 78 was backed up several miles going East and all lanes closed for an investigation plus it was a little chilly out so we opted to stay home and hit a local diner for breakfast.

Congrats on the promotion Chris! Sounds like a great place to work for as they are flexible to your "demands". lol

Kyle, not sure about the plate question. My best guess would be you'd have to surrender your current MEEP plate and then have the classic one issued for the Miata as the classic plates are different from the standard plates. And when is this house party? :p

Congrats on the anniversary jeff!!! We celebrated ours Thursday, 38 years!!!
Went on a nice cruise today to Plymouth, gorgeous weather! Car is running awesome and I forgot how much fun she is to drive!
47104943a6de4fc75650e328cd87dfc3.jpg
90f0bdbc05bcd550ca49dfed23a8a3b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats for both of you on the anniversaries.

Had our 1st autox of the season, placed 10th out of 18 in my class. Clutch seems to be holding up so far.

Started looking at clutches. Tried an NC with the FM Stage 1 clutch and flywheel, didn't like the extra pressure or the short clutch take up. As mine is a daily driver I think the extra effort would be a pain. Looking at the Exedy regular clutch with the Fidanza flywheel, anyone got some experience or what else I could look at?

Mostly autox with a few lapping days, and no forced induction planned so I would like to stay away from race clutches.

Congrats for both of you on the anniversaries.

Had our 1st autox of the season, placed 10th out of 18 in my class. Clutch seems to be holding up so far.

Started looking at clutches. Tried an NC with the FM Stage 1 clutch and flywheel, didn't like the extra pressure or the short clutch take up. As mine is a daily driver I think the extra effort would be a pain. Looking at the Exedy regular clutch with the Fidanza flywheel, anyone got some experience or what else I could look at?

Mostly autox with a few lapping days, and no forced induction planned so I would like to stay away from race clutches.
Sorry, still riding the original myself....how many miles did you get out of your clutch?
Mark, the car looks great, what colour are the wheels?
Thanks, those are bronze, I actually have a new set in the garage bronze as well. These will be my daily/ autox wheels.

Cool, may try plasti dipping the wheels bronze.

Clutch has 135k on it. Not bad considering how many autoxes and track fun. Still works fine for DD use and autox, just not lapping.

Howdy everyone!!

So here is an update with me. On Tuesday I accepted a new job offer and I will be moving to Seattle soon!! It would be awesome for a meet up before I go but free time is kinda tight :(. I will be starting the drive out west on June 25th with my arrival date being July 4th. Super excited for it. Put in my two week notice at work so I can now have a nice break between jobs to do some fun personal stuff. Gotta get the p5 ready for its 4000 mile journey!

Back