rattling noise when fan is on

TOMS

Hi I just got my 5 maybe 4 months ago and recently when I turn on the fan for heat it will make a ticking noise as if something is stuck in the fan and when its on as the fan is turning it is ticking. Before this problem occured I did notice the fan got noticeably louder though does anyone know what this and how I can fix it without taking it to the shop?

If you dont want to take it to the shop, your going to have to get into the blower assembly and see what is in the "squirrel cage" for lack of a better term and remove it. I have seen cars come into the dealer with little rocks, leaves, mouses, and rats. Good luck!

If you dont want to take it to the shop, your going to have to get into the blower assembly and see what is in the "squirrel cage" for lack of a better term and remove it. I have seen cars come into the dealer with little rocks, leaves, mouses, and rats. Good luck!

Thanks, I'm pretty mechanically inclined so its ok, just installed my system last week and did not see a squirrel cage. What exactly is that? And where is iyts location? Please let me know thanks

The cabin air filter door is on the passenger side footwell, the blower motor assy is located in the drivers side footwell.

By the way, you said you just got the car, is it under warranty?

The cabin air filter door is on the passenger side footwell, the blower motor assy is located in the drivers side footwell.

By the way, you said you just got the car, is it under warranty?

Yea I just got the car but it was a lease takeover so I'm guessing warantee is over. But the the thing is the sound isn't coming fromeither passenger side or driver side floor it seems as though its literally coming from the vent. Anyhow thanks for the advice I'm def gonna open it up and take a look. One thing though when you say the filter is on the passenger side foot wall do u mean by the centre consol or by the door fuse box?

Sorry, I meant in the center, on either side of the console.

As far as the warranty, is it over the mileage, or months of warranty? I do not know what the warranty terms are in Canada.

It's a big job

I had the same issue with my 2008 model. The fan sounded like an helicopter so I had the fan replaced under warranty. When I came to pickup my car at the end of the day, the whole dash and the center console were spread across the garage floor. It was little freaky to see my dash disassembled! Too bad they didn't warned me that the job would take more than a day. The dealer paid for part of a rental but I had to cover the insurrance and a little more to get a car big enough to fit 2 children car seats. By the time I got a rental, re-installed the 2 car seats, I was late to pickup the kids at the daycare!

IT'S a BIG JOB!

Hi I just got my 5 maybe 4 months ago and recently when I turn on the fan for heat it will make a ticking noise as if something is stuck in the fan and when its on as the fan is turning it is ticking. Before this problem occured I did notice the fan got noticeably louder though does anyone know what this and how I can fix it without taking it to the shop?

I found out that mine was because one of the wires in the back behind my deck was resting on the vent thing. After I rearranged it back there evrything was fine, easy job if u know what ur doing.

Back