Goodyear Eagle GTs

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
Anyone have experience with these tires? I need to replace my Toyo T1Rs on the Speed6 and am looking at these for more longevity. Overall grip isn't an issue (well, it is, but I need to maximize mileage).

Well, since there seems to be no experience with these I'll have to post something up once I get them.

Did you get the tires yet? I'm looking at getting a set as well. Wanted to know what people thought. They seem to be getting good reviews.

i have them and have only 1000 miles or so on them..not a bad tire for the price.. feels better driving in the rain..and were great in the snow.

Sweet. Glad to hear that it's a good tire.

Hopefully I can get a set for fairly cheap here at the auto center on base :) If not, Discount Tire's got em for about $145 a piece.

I have not yet gotten any new tires. Went to one of my local Goodyear locations and the price they quoted me installed was cheaper than what I could get through Sam's Club. I'll probably be getting them in the next two months.

I have about 2,000 miles on mine and like them. They are decent in the snow and seem to handle well. Although, I don't push it much. One complaint I've heard is the overhang of rubber that protects the rim. Some don't like the look.

I just placed an order for these as well. Should get them on monday and hopefully be installed the same day. :)

I'm hoping so. The guy at Discount Tires cut me a pretty sweet deal for them. $135 per tire plus the protection plan for around $700 or so :)

Just ordered a set myself from Tire Rack. Will have them installed by a local shop so it will be just over $600 all told. Darn Mazda for picking oddball sizes for their tires. I have to get a set of 7.5" wheels as soon as I can.

Installed and LOVE EM! Such a smooth ride and no issues at all in the rain. Definitely feel a lot more in control driving through puddles than I did with the Potenzas. Dry traction is a bit less than the Potenzas had new but that's not a big issue for me because I don't regularly take hard corners at high speed.

Overall, they're great and I recommend them :)

That's all good to know. I will be going from a set of Toyo T1-Rs. They had less dry grip than the stockers as well so hopefully I won't be giving up any more with the Goodyears. I live for corners, although not everyone in the house shares my enthusiasm!

Oh I do too. I'm in Northern Texas right now. Corners are few and far between. All I have are a few highway on ramp clover leafs. I can't wait to get back to McChord AFB, WA!

Got mine in yesterday and installed today. I'm not officially allowed to drive until tomorrow so impressions will have to wait. I kind of like the rubber extension designed to protect the wheel, butches the tire up.

Handling is definitely different from my Toyos. Lane changes are pretty good, the tires bite enough that I get some roll from the body in medium-fast changes. But, she plows badly and the tires squall when I toss her into a corner. I'll have to adjust my driving habits some for now, this makes me want to get a set of HP tires when I am able to buy a set of wheels and use the Eagle GTs for wintertime.

See, where I'm living (WA state), these tires will probably be my best bet year round with all the rain and slush we get. I've driven on HP tires in that stuff and it was not fun at all.

Latest posts

Back