NCZ13

P1011495.jpg

P1011496.jpg

P1011497.jpg

P1011498.jpg

P1011499.jpg

86 FC w/ remanned long block.

no AC, no power steering

Got it for 1500, body has no major damage and rust, but has traditional 20year old dings here and there.

Definitely needs a new diff mount. I havent jacked it up to see if its the rears or the fronts that need replacing, but i can feel it banging around back there when i let on and off the gas.

Previous owner removed the shifter bushing, so i have to get a new one of those.

Oil pressure gauge doesnt work, im going to check tomorrow to see if its just the wire is disconnected from the sender.

The engine temp works, but seems to rise very slowly (way slower than my p5) and reads relatively low. I would think it would read higher, where the needle would be more closer to the middle.

Has s5 bumpers, but i need to get s5 turn signals as well as the PO just put the s4 turn signals in teh spaces. Ill def take more pictures tomorrow when i get home from work =)

Its gonna take some work, but either way im stoked =)

fix all the little things. Get it somewhat reliable and to pass smog.

Learn in depth about boosting it, and eventually piece together a kit. But this is all over time, im in no rush.

What im doing this sunday is taking apart the interior and deep cleaning it. Panels, seats, carpets, the works.

Could you possibly get me a price on the front differential mount? From what im reading that seems to be the common issue is that the front diff mount causes it to flop under load.

thanks.

LOL.. there is no "turbo kit" it would be a turbo engine swap.. (u don't want to turbo a 6 port engine)

glad to have u here... As for the diff mount. give me a shout I got 2 of them ready to go.. (stock and competition)

Looks good. Seems like somebody did most of the leg work swapping everything body wise to a s5.

If you need the actual mazda upper and lower shifter bushing part numbers lmk mazda has an issue with the lower bushing part number.

im thinking im just going to go with aftermarket stiffer bushings. I like the feel of my kartboy ones in my p5, so I think id like a similar feel in the 7.

Called one of the local dealerships, and he said he cant get the diff mount anymore. so ill PM spooledup later.

Yeah the body for the most part looks good. I need to find s5 turn signals, because with the s4 ones just stuck in there looks strange.

good stuff man, congrats!

And yeah....no turboing an NA motor...you'll have to swap a motor from a turboed RX7.

im thinking im just going to go with aftermarket stiffer bushings. I like the feel of my kartboy ones in my p5, so I think id like a similar feel in the 7.

Called one of the local dealerships, and he said he cant get the diff mount anymore. so ill PM spooledup later.

Yeah the body for the most part looks good. I need to find s5 turn signals, because with the s4 ones just stuck in there looks strange.

hit me up when u want it its just sitting on my desk..

Mazda comp diff mount FTW (its what I am using)

Totally differnt concept in the rx7 the mazda ones are delrin plastic and slip around the ball part of the shifter itself.

yeah, the kartboy bushings are more like end-link bushings. new stock bushings are awesome for the FC, but there are some after market options.

Awesome, I got offered an FC chassis for $50 yesterday but didn't take it. I'm still thinking about calling him back and getting it though.

yeah i need the diff and shifter bushings. the car has no bushings on it now in the shifter, so its extremely loose and not notchy at all, which is nice, but is annoying because the shifter moves around so much.

i havent had a chance to look under the car, but Im almost positive i need the diff mount. Im pming you right now.

Back