Can racing beat sway bars from Mazdaspeed protege fit on ES Protege

kls21tr

I have an 2002 Protege ES and was wondering if it possible to add the racing beat sway bars that come on the 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege. I am get the sway bars but was wondering if i would have to do any mods. to install on my car. Hopefully someone can help....

You'll need the MSP rear end links and the MSP rear horseshoe brackets and bushings.

I'm not sure if you'll need front brackets and bushings. Most people don't swap the front because it's 1) a huge pain in the ass, and 2) the balance of having the smaller front ES bar and the larger rear MSP bar is quite desirable.

So if ever replacing just the rear would be better...? Can AWR end links be used or does it have to be MSP...?

You'll need the MSP rear end links and the MSP rear horseshoe brackets and bushings.

I'm not sure if you'll need front brackets and bushings. Most people don't swap the front because it's 1) a huge pain in the ass, and 2) the balance of having the smaller front ES bar and the larger rear MSP bar is quite desirable.

Putting a Rear thibker bar only is better due to the understeer of the vechile. adding a thicker front one ull be back where u were at at first.

yes u can use AWR endlinks there adjustable :D

I started out running the stock front bar and upgraded to the AWR 21.5 mm rear bar only. It did make a big difference. I later upgraded to the full suspension from a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed - Springs, struts, strutmounts, strut tower brace, and all. Worth doing it all if you can swing it. It didn't give me the look I wanted, but the package works properly, rides nice, and handles leaps and bounds better than stock ES. Throw some light 17's and grippy tires on it and enjoy! I still have the AWR bar on the rear for now, but I plan to get rid of it. Tired of replacing the spherical rod ends. The only reason I haven't yet is the rear Racing Beat bar won't just bolt on. The rear subframes are slightly different. I just read a thread not too long ago in the P5 section on how to do the swap without changing the rear end. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to find the link for you.

So i have the front and rear RB swaybars, what else do i need exactly for my 2003 protege lx for the install?

you would need to buy the bushing and the brackets to install and replace the current one you have on the car. I am in the process of gets the parts so I will post the results and where to get the parts if they work....

it's really fun! you'll like it! and it's an easy DIY install too!

now it's a lot easier to play avoid the potholes (i pretend their orange cones...)

To clear this up: a 3rd gen protege chassis is a 3rd gen protege chassis. MSP, MP3, LX, DX, EX, P5. Any suspension peice will bolt up to any chassis.

Will it be the right piece for the job? Not necessarily, but it'll bold up. Springs, sway bars, struts, strut bars, etc. All of it.

Mazdaspeed strut bar intalled on ES

I finished installing the strut bar from a mazdaspeed to my ES. It wasnt to bad... I bought all the parts from cheapmazdaparts.com and the only problem I ran into is that i had to move the cruise control out of the way and some other minor parts but it worked. You can see the pic below:

Attachments

• IMG_2304.JPG
    IMG_2304.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_2305.JPG
    IMG_2305.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 552
All front links are the same.

For the rear, AWR links are fine as long as they are adjusted to the MSP link length.

Super old thread but I just installed the racing beat rear sway bar on my 01 ES using the mazda speed bushings only, no other mods it was DIRECT bolt on. No other parts needed.

Back