CX-7 personalization questions

lurking444

:
2008 Mazda CX-7 GT - Black Cherry
Hello fellow Mazda enthusiasts,

Yesterday, I purchased a 2008 CX-7 GT AWD in Black Cherry. First, let me ask you if I got a good deal. I purchased the car for $23,600 but it has 3,300 miles on it. It was a dealer 'program car' which means some higher up at the dealer got to drive it around for a few months. It has never been titled so I'm offically the first owner. Think I got a good deal?

Now, for the personalization questions. I've been reading my owner's manual and there are a few things I'd like to turn on myself (instead of 'taking it an authorized Mazda service center). I want to turn off the horn beep when locking or unlocking doors by remote. I would also like to turn on the smart key unlocking feature whereby I do not have to remove the card from my pocket, I just walk up to the car and press the 'request' button.

Do I have to take it to the dealership to have these changes made? Does anyone know the procedure to make these types of preference changes?

if you have a GT you should already have the smart key feature..they cant really turn it off...i'm assuming you have the credit card style key, right? if not, you don't have a GT. if it doesnt work you need to have it fixed...the original antennas shorted out in wet and cold weather.

it sounds like you got a pretty good deal. sticker is like 29, so 5k off the top is respectable. not an AMAZING deal, but you didnt get screwed.

smart key & deal?

Yeah, I have the credit card style key. In the owner's manual it says that turning on the auto-unlock is done by the dealer. I think there is a different between having to press the 'request' button on the handle and just having the car unlock automatically as you approach. Could be wrong there...

BTW, my car also has the technology package with navigation, HID lamps, and all the other extras included with that package. I was told the list MSRP was 32.5K. Does that sound right?

as far as i know, there is only an option to have it lock when you walk away....but that needs to be done by them.

yeah, if you've got navi, thats 2k right there. sounds like a better deal then :)

Back