P5 struts vs. mazdaspeed struts

Matsuda03

If I went to the dealer and ordered OE struts for an 03 Mazdaspeed Protege would they fit my 03 P5? Or are they the same part for both cars?

they are not the same part, but will fit as stated above...they will also be a vast improvement over the p5 stockers...and Search!!! This has been discussed many times

i think i recall (correct me if im wrong) didn't we say that the rear end on the P5 would sit lower because of the added weight of the hatch?

i think i recall (correct me if im wrong) didn't we say that the rear end on the P5 would sit lower because of the added weight of the hatch?

im pretty sure this is only if you change the springs to the msp ones, i dont believe the shocks will drop the rear of the car

oh thats right. my bad, i think if it were me, i would just do the whole coilover thing seeing as how its probably better bang for your buck

oh thats right. my bad, i think if it were me, i would just do the whole coilover thing seeing as how its probably better bang for your buck

the truth.

or i think even the eibach pro series or tokico blues would be better. im not exactly sure what kind of effect the mazdaspeed suspension has on the P5.

fair enough, though i looked on pg, and i couldn't find them anywhere else (though i didn't look hard enough lols) can you get the blues in a complete set, or just the struts themselves like what pg sells?

or you can get teh pg Tokico Blues/Spring combo.
which is what i have and is a charm cause it was made specifically for the p5 and matched together quite well :D

i got like a good amount of droppage to the p5, rear still sags but its ok cause it still looks hella jdm XD

Last edited:
how low is the drop, cause i want to keep the stock rims, and i don't want to have that look were the wheel is to small when the car is sitting lower, do you know what i mean?

its no more than 2 inches.
and no less than 1 inch.
if i remeber correctly i got like a 1.75 rear and like a 1.25 front. or around those numbers. also im runnin stockers. 205/45/16
here are 2 pics.
IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

do the msp springs have a logo or something on them? my p5 is lower than most but the springs have no marks on them. i havent figured out why

no, they are just red i believe.
Here are pics, they're 204-45-16 tires
IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

Last edited:
just red springs, no logo on them, and they are not from racing beat...

FYI, the Eibach Prokit springs are the same PN for the MSP as they are for the Pro5, as are the Tokico Blue struts

Back