Anyone replace rear wiper blade??

MD5

:
06 Carbon Gray Touring 5
I need to replace the rear wiper blade, but can't seem to find one as small as that is on the car. It's under 12" and the smallest I can find at a local parts store is 15". I can't seem to find refill blades only, just the blade with bracket types...

Anyone else run across this yet?

I had that problem also all i did is get the smallest blade they sold and took the one from the car and cut the new one to fit.

I need to replace the rear wiper blade, but can't seem to find one as small as that is on the car. It's under 12" and the smallest I can find at a local parts store is 15". I can't seem to find refill blades only, just the blade with bracket types...

Anyone else run across this yet?

The replacement wiper is only $10 at the dealer, and it's a super-easy job. Totally worth it, IMHO.

I noticed my rear wiper does not make full contact with the rear windshield. Is there anything I can do to adjust the rear wiper so it makes full contact with the windshield?

I got one last weekend at Canadian Tire, It works better when I transferred the rubber to the original frame.

Yah sorry I should've updated. I had the same experience with the Trico, it only made contact on the lower 1/2 of the blade. Took it into the dealer and got an OEM blade slapped on and voila, worked 100% again. Or like Dyx said, keep the same actual blade with new aftermarket rubber.

Aftermarket on the fronts, though, are doing much better than OEM. So smooth and no more chatter when cold :)

Yah sorry I should've updated. I had the same experience with the Trico, it only made contact on the lower 1/2 of the blade. Took it into the dealer and got an OEM blade slapped on and voila, worked 100% again. Or like Dyx said, keep the same actual blade with new aftermarket rubber.

Aftermarket on the fronts, though, are doing much better than OEM. So smooth and no more chatter when cold :)

Would you happen to know which brand and model you put on front? I replaced mine with one of the flavor of Michelin and I'm particularly impressed. I usually go OEM, but they were so worn one day I didn't want to wait. My next plan is to go back to OEM unless there is something better out there.

Thanks.

I put PIAA blades on the front and very happy.

For the back, I did put an aftermarket blade (Anco? - from Autozone) into the OEM holder and still only get lower 1/2 contact with the window - it is now 6 mos later and it has been the same from day one if not worse, so no break in period...any ideas? - obviously the blade is too stiff...did I just choose a bad brand? There was not a whole lot to choose from...
Maybe suck it up and go to the stealership (if it actually works)?

A quick warning for those of you who buy the trico 12-A rear wiper blade...

I purchased and installed the 12-A trico blade and found that it did not sit flush against the rear windshield. Advice I got after I threw away the OEM blade was to keep the OEM arm and to replace just the rubber wiper portion. Since i no longer had the OEM arm, i thought I could try to bend the trico blade/arm to make it more curved. Unfortunately, i do not know my own strength and ended up snapping the arm completely in half.

A quick warning for those of you who buy the trico 12-A rear wiper blade...

I purchased and installed the 12-A trico blade and found that it did not sit flush against the rear windshield. Advice I got after I threw away the OEM blade was to keep the OEM arm and to replace just the rubber wiper portion. Since i no longer had the OEM arm, i thought I could try to bend the trico blade/arm to make it more curved. Unfortunately, i do not know my own strength and ended up snapping the arm completely in half.

Actually that's the same reason I transferred the new rubber to the OEM blade/ arm. I broke the replacement arm when I tried to bend it!

^^ wish I had read this before waisting $10 on the Trico 12-A.

And man, what a b**** it was to get off the stock wiper and to put on the Trico. It only wipes about half the normal area.

guess I'll have to go to dealer and get proper replacement.

also, that rear arm could use more spring pressure.

Got the same problem

Here's the deal-

Take off the covering at the base of the arm.
Flip up the arm. Now press the blade in the center as if it were being deflected by the curve of the glass. You'll see that the part of the arm that is between the center arm and the and the lower part of the blade (closest to where the arm is bolted to the motor) hits the clip that the arm assembly snaps into.

I discovered this by snapping out the new arm and holding it against the glass at the 12 o'clock position. It made total contact. Close investigation revealed the culprit.

I've considered filing a grove out to accommodate this but decided to check the forum first to see if I should just go with an OEM part. From what jandree22 says, it sound like the answer. There must be a groove or an allowance on the OEM part.

The weird thing is that since an aftermarket perfect fitting arm is made to replace the original I assumed that Mazda would have bought the entire assembly from a 3rd party. More than one type of vehicle uses this blade...
(shrug)

Back