Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions

New mazda5 owner here, first post

bought two days ago: Just got a white 2014 Touring last week from a local Carmax dealer. Former rental with 34k miles, $15500 before tax, traded in a 04 mercury sable in rough condition for $1200 (just bored with it).

sweetheart is driving it, i am in a leg cast and cannot drive for a few more days. riding in it seems nice.
d

Congrats on the upgrade Richard. So, what's the best seat to be in as a passenger? :)

Congrats on the upgrade Richard. So, what's the best seat to be in as a passenger? :)

6' 1" 200lbs+ fit ok in front seat with R leg cast and crutches. helpful first few days to help with understanding and controls versus the Prius and the previous Sable.
however more comfort and a bit quieter in 2nd row seat. quieter and more comfort that prius, but not as nice as 2004 Mercury Sable; but this was bought for cabin hauling bicycle configuration for trips of 5 to 100miles. do not need a vehicle for just 500mile long distance luxury any more. But this seems ok for cruising.
Sable was a bit too big for sweetheart, but those electric seats, and pedals helped. Has brand new tires but they are those 3rd tier oem off brand tires.

Miss the daytime running lights and automatic lights off features of Sable. at least had auto off on prius. this vehicle is white so it stands out a bit on the pavement. maybe i will hook up a buzzer that alerts me that headlights are NOT on!

Still on first 5 days from Carmax, making sure all features work to be fixed for free. hard to do when you are on crutches. some stuff is such low $$$ (wiper blades. etc) may not bother. but I always check all lights and air filter, fluid levels, etc. hope it had tranny fluid change. but i have 60k on drive train and i bought ext warranty for 5 years.

Still on first 5 days from Carmax, making sure all features work to be fixed for free. hard to do when you are on crutches. some stuff is such low $$$ (wiper blades. etc) may not bother. but I always check all lights and air filter, fluid levels, etc. hope it had tranny fluid change. but i have 60k on drive train and i bought ext warranty for 5 years.

I got my 5 ('14 Sport with AT) from Carmax a few months ago. Definitely take advantage of the 5 day period and other benefits. I did not return the car but was close after noticing several issues. Overall, I'm not very happy with the quality of parts they used as they serviced the car. I was told "at this price point..." In other words, it's not worth it from their perspective as price must be too low for a decent return. But after several trips to the dealer I am enjoying the vehicle now! Hope yours will work out well too!

Drove it home yesterday evening:

Trim: Sport
Tranny: 5 Speed (cabpatch)
Any extra accessories: hmm, not sure yet, might be bare bone.
Sale Tax Rate: 6.25%
Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees): $4500

95k miles. One previous owner, no service records.

Houston
Grand Touring
Automatic
Everything but navigation
35k miles
$9500 taxes paid

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Year: 2009
Sport / Automatic
Price: 6K
Needed: Tires, Brakes and Sway Bar bushings (what a difference!)

Year: 2013
Trim: GS w/CP
Gearbox: auto
Acc: winter mats, remote start
Tax rate: 13%
All in price: $16,745 (CAD)

19,038 km from previous owner, never driven in snow (or rain by the look of the underside). Dealer maintained w/records.

Back