Blown motor

MSpeedFreak03

:
2003 MSP
i have fried my number 3 cylinder, long story short i was burning oil and so i did a compression check and it was 155,155,85,155 so i have to rebuild the engine in my MSP, and the EGR was acting up aswell.

i need help on attainning a parts list of what i shoutld get to do a 300-350whp daily driven build on her! this is what i have so far

-protegegarage-
-commettic gasket set
-AWR oil pan
-Spec clutch and flywheel
-FORGE MS WGA
-FORGE MS bypass valve
-ARP head studs/ hardware
-Split seconed AFC
-PWR radiator
-samsco hoses
-K-1 forged rods
-Wiesco piston kit 9:1
-clevite 77 bearing set

i still need to find a set of good SMIC hardpipes... i dont know if protege garage still carries the waepon R ones!

my car has been sitting sence thanksgiving weekend and i need to get this ball rollong i know i need to find some good bearing kits, and such i need the forums help on there info if they can find stuff cheeper elsewere... cheap build shortblock exc.... need opinions please thanks people!

Time could also be of the essence, i will be getting all the parts and delivering my car to a shop for the install because of working long hours, and its not easy building a motor and doing it right the first time, any shops in the SoCal area want to do the build or if anyone knows a reputable shop thats not to expensive in the area that might want a project protege let me know!

Last edited:
were to get one for some what cheap, i want to get the steedspeed exhaust manifold, and a gt28rs disco potato, i might not have the money for it first thing is buildint the block to get her running again, then turbo upgrade!

And maybe a FMIC also instead of just hardpipes..

For the bearings, try *************.com That's where I got all my stuff from for my build.

gotta keep an eye out in the for sale section...
i do believe someone is selling a GT3076R for a super deal if it hasn't already been sold

I just got in on the steedspeed exhaust mani GB, now all i have to do is convince my boy to let me get his new GT28RS disco off his hands for fairly cheap!

Back