Airbag light

fireman1867

:
07' Mazda5 GT
Hi there my airbag light is constantly flashing? I am going to try and bring it in today to have it looked at, hope its covered under warranty, any ideas?

Thx,
It seems like the light is flashing with a pattern, 2sec two fast flashes then 5 sec and four slow flashes and repeats. unlike the other thread I have had no accidents so?

I live 100km from the nearest dealer and are taking the usual we cant tell you anythin unless we see it, so I am not sure o the severity of the issue?

I need a little more information on the flashing to help you.

I need to know if the light flashes 2x first or 4x first, from your post, it sounds like the 2x is first, then the 4x, but I want to make certain.

If the light flashes first 2X, and then 4X, that is a code 24.

If the light flashes first 4X, and then 2X, that is a code 42.

Let me know the sequence, and I will follow-up with the information from the 2006 Workshop manual.

Last edited:
The blinking airbag light gives us a basic code, whereas if you had a code scanner, you would be able to narrow it down further with the DTC codes.

A code 24 relates to the drivers side curtain airbag.

DTC B1046 - Drivers Side Curtain Airbag moudule assembly incorrect
DTC B2773 - Drivers Side Curtain Airbag moudule circuit resistance low
DTC B2774 - Drivers Side Curtain Airbag moudule circuit resistance high
DTC B2775 - Drivers Side Curtain Airbag moudule circuit short to body ground.
DTC B2776 - Drivers Side Curtain Airbag moudule circuit short to power supply.

Info taken from the 2006 FWM

I know this is an old post but I have a similar problem - my dashboard blinks the airbag light 2x long, 2x short - any ideas?

I need to bring this thread back to life as well.
Mine is flashing:

3x slow
4x fast

so that would be code 34?

According to the 2006 Mazda5 FWM, a 34 code is one of three faults

Passenger Side Pretensioner Circuit-

Short to ground, high resistance, or short to power supply.

This fault occurs when the Pretensioning circuit is outside the normal 1.3-4.7 ohms resistance

hopefully it's not much and is just a grounding issue. perhaps too much salt or water in the sensor. The vehicle doesn't retain codes in memory so there isn't much I can do it about it with a mechanic looking at it..

grrr.

Last edited:
Just as an FYI I used to own a 2004 Ford Escape a.k.a Tribute. It started flashing I want to say code 35?? Which supposedly was driver side impact sensor. Well long story short. It ended up being a bad alternator because it wasn't supplying enough power to it. The alternator eventually took a dump and after replacing it no more flashing airbag light. It's not the same vehicle but good food for thought. Check your alternator state of charge.

my airbag light is flashing 42. i had an alternator problem too. I replaced the alternator with a new one which took care of my charging problem, but airbag light still flashing 42. has anyone replaced the crash zone sensor?

You may want to get a OBD reader wit Bluetooth from Amazon and download a full version of Tourque from GooglePlay store for $4.95. It helped me troubleshoot an airbag issue.
my airbag light is flashing 42. i had an alternator problem too. I replaced the alternator with a new one which took care of my charging problem, but airbag light still flashing 42. has anyone replaced the crash zone sensor?

i finally found some time to check the front crash sensor. after i disconnected the wiring from the sensor, one of the two pins on the sensor disintegrated from corrosion. i replaced the sensor and it cleared up the blinking airbag light. my 5 has 89k miles.

I know this is an old post but I have a similar problem - my dashboard blinks the airbag light 2x long, 2x short - any ideas?
I'm pretty sure that this is what mine is doing - two long and two short. It just started a few days ago. I have an '09 Mazda5, it has about 43,000 miles.

Anybody have any ideas? Any chance that there is an extended warranty for airbag issues?

Found it - it is morse code for M M, shorthand for the dealers as "More Money".

Or it is a problem with the drivers side side airbag - you can see a .pdf of the service manual here:

http://chomikuj.pl/aron1966/Mazda+5/Mazda5_WM/WM_08,644553633.pdf

Two dashes, pause, two dashes, long pause = driver's side side airbag. I'll try to find the plug this weekend and unplug it, then plug it back in. Maybe it will solve the problem.

Latest posts

Back