Any replacement for engine oil dipstick?

FIsedan

:
'06 Mazda 3 2.3 Turbo'd
Okay...I refuse to believe I'm alone in this...I HATE my engine oil dipstick! It's got a twisted metal rod with this stupid "spoon" tip which seems to gather all the oil at the bottom when you try to read it, even when pulling it out and turning it horizontally at top speed while trying not to fling oil everywhere. (argh) What happened to the good old days of a flat piece of metal with two tick marks on it!? It's just a pain to read, and even though I change my own oil so I know it's got the right amount...it just doesn't look right. I don't want to guess...I want to know I have the right amount of oil dammit! That said, is there a replacement?

I agree with you, the dipsticks in my other vehicles are easy to read. I haven't checked for a rplacement.

Clifton

i've never had an issue with this, have you tried reading the back of the dipstick, just to see where the level is? there is no marking but you can rotate it to get an idea as to where it is

bring your dipstick to a wrecking yard and compare get one thats the same length that you find appealing[/QUOTE

May be a problem, what with the notched cap at the top of the stick.

I thought about cutting some grooves across the flat in that silly thing to make the oil level more readable (you know, hash marks like more useful sticks have.) Thoughts?

Back