Help! TRZ Dogbone or CPE Motor mount?

Abilor

:
Mazdaspeed 3
Trying to decide on the dogbone or the CP-E mount, both with street bushings. Buying today with limited window of someone else paying for it (rich uncle). Please recommend fast!

I have the Corksport MM inserts and they are pretty fantastic. Sorry I couldn't actually comment on the mounts in question. I know those other ones will vibrate a lot more than the Corksport inserts. I may upgrade to a whole new mount in the future.

If you are still in Baton Rouge and want some help with the install, PM me. I did my motor mount inserts by myself and it was pretty easy!

Thanks Dale. I think I spotted you recently actually. Anyway, I heard if you go insert, you end up going all the way eventually so I think I will get the TRZ, which the hardcore seem to recommend and was the direction I was already leaning. Thanks all.

Dale, you're still way ahead of me anyway. This will be my first mod along with a nano SRI. Ricer lights next FTW!

I 'd say get the Medieval MM, but from all the recent events that have occurred, you better go with CP-E or TRZ.

Thanks Dale. I think I spotted you recently actually. Anyway, I heard if you go insert, you end up going all the way eventually so I think I will get the TRZ, which the hardcore seem to recommend and was the direction I was already leaning. Thanks all.

Dale, you're still way ahead of me anyway. This will be my first mod along with a nano SRI. Ricer lights next FTW!

My ETS topmount still manages to bang the plastic thingy on the firewall with my CS inserts, so I'll be upgrading soon to something else, in addition to a driver's side mount.

I know what the rear mount install is like, but what are the other mounts like to do? I'm considering upgrading all of mine if it's fairly easy.

Sorry about the thread jack Abilor.

just got the trz poly installed
vibes aren't anywhere near as bad as people say
i was expecting the car to shake itself apart.
it's noticeable but not bad at all, a little bit at take off
from a standstill, after that not so much.

i read people have been removing and finding tears/cracks in the cp-e mount
but that might have been people who got in on the first batch of mounts before the revision.

you can definitely live with these vibes, it's been in the ~20s degree wise here and it's still not that bad.

Now I just noticed the tranny mount. I have to buy that too now, stupid modding addiction...

Back