Replaced Battery...car will still not start

Ckfly2001

Replaced the battery the other day thinking it was surely the battery like it had been in the past. Replaced the battery and still nothing. Attempted to jump it and it did crank, but as soon as i pulled the cables off of my other car, the protege died again. Has anyone else had this issue?

Have you tested the battery with a volt meter? I know you said it was new and although rare you can get a dead battery off the shelf.

When the battery is hooked up does any of your electrical stuff (radio, lights etc.) come on and it's just the car not starting or is the entire car "dead"?

car wont start

yeah, I did take the battery back up the store I bought it from and had it tested and the it is Good. When i try to crank the car, the interior lights do come on, but it wont do anything else.

Make sure you have good connections from the battery to the battery posts. The cable terminal contact area should be shiny clean and the cable terminals should be tight. If it's running with an outside battery connected to the cable terminals it's either a bad battery or poor cable connections.

Clifton

Back