Please help me remove my front bumper.

ravi189

Hi. I'm trying to black out my headlights and i read just about every thing on the forums about removing the bumper but i can't do it.

I know what bolts to remove and everything, but i just can't get 4 of them off. The 2 on each side that are inside the fender. Is there a trick in removing them??

I keep unscrewing the bolts, but they just don't come out. I can see the little plastic thing on the top of the bolts, but the bolts just don't want to come out. They are almost fully out, but don't come out all the way.

And 1 of the bolts is causing extra problems. As much as i turn it, it doesn't get any lower. I see the bolt spinning, but it's still sticking out of the top of the plastic thing as if it's not going any lower.

I know it's confusing, but can anyone help??

And i know about the headlight tabs and everything.

THanks a lot.

black plastic screws?

They are tricky. You need to unscrew them WITHOUT putting pressure on them.

Or do you mean the screws up under the headlight inside the bumper?

I cant remember if there were black plastic plug screws on the front or not, but i gave up trying to unscrew em and just pryed them out with a flathead. as for getting in the fender, a couple extenders would help a bit, but you just have to undo all the wheel well cover bolts and keep it peeled back with one hand while you unscrew with the other. i got a few scrapes and scratches doing it.

after everything is unscrewed, you just kinda have to pull at the bumper to get the pegs to disengage.

No, not the black ones on the plastic cover around the tire (mudguards?).

When you get under the mudguards (i think that's what they are) the 2 bolts inside that are the difficult bolts. THis is the order from bottom up:

1st is bolt, then the bumper, the car's frame or whatever, then on top is the white plastic thing. It works as a nut but its not a nut.

I don't understand the problem. It's not the black fastner that you guys are talking about. i should have clarified

those are just 10 mm bolts i think. no real trick to getting them. just hold the mudguard back without breaking it. I used a screwdriver attached to a 10mm socket.

have you tried a phillips screwdriver? It is not the easiest spot to get into, but as long as you put good force on em with a philllips, and try your best not to strip em, they should come free

Nevermind, i got it. Idk what the problem was. I think i was just frustrated and freezing and it was too dark.

Got it off no problem yest. thanks though

Nevermind, i got it. Idk what the problem was. I think i was just frustrated and freezing and it was too dark.

Got it off no problem yest. thanks though
haha...been there! post up some pics on your finished project!

Those are PITA and even more fun to put back on! Hope that went better for ya than taking them off. lol

x2 on posting pics when you are done.

its actually pretty easy to do, ive done it i think like 5 times already trying to fix my dam headlights....the last time was yesterday, YAAY

Back