turbo oil leak

:
1993 miata
i have a leak from my turbo oil return line and we have decided that it is the oring in the part that has the allen wrench heads on the turbo(sorry if confusing) How hard is it to replace the o ring? pic that might help describe what im talking about.
DSCN0833.jpg

you can kinda see the allen heads and the oil all over it
I ordered the oring today and it will be here tuesday. any other suggestions? i am just trouble shooting. i really dont think its the turbo seals(i hope not)

its a low rpm job. you need a 5mm & 6mm allen key.
1 o-ring and 1 block gasket. you remove the oil return line at the turbo and block, which is why you need both parts.

gasket info: part #N3A1-14-293 for the flange on the block

Last edited:
Well its easier to pull off the entire return line versus leaving it connected to the block and trying to fight pulling the flange from the hose. The gasket is inexpensive but more than the o-ring. I don't have my reciept handy but I paid under $9 for 2 o-rings and 1 gasket. Your better off replacing both for peace of mind against leaks.

+1 go ahead and change both anyway. Espically if you order the part online because shipping will be the same. I did mine about a month ago. It was easy

every dealer part Ive needed I order from www.montgomerymazda.com And I highly recommend them. If you have any questions call and speak with Jason. Hands down the best service I ever had at a dealer

now it just dawned on me if i disconnect both sides of the return hose is there anything needed for the other end of the line? sorry for my newbness to turbos

Edit: i think i miss read. the gaskets for the end where the return line is bolted to the block?

Last edited:
You got it. O-ring sits in the flange connected at the turbo and the gasket goes between the flange connected on the block.

yeah the alternator is being replaced today and the oring is being done sometime this week. i would rather know what has been changed so im not to worried about it.

well i pick up the oring tommorow and the gasket will be at the dealership on monday(to bad i live about 50 miles from it) thanks for your guys help wish me luck on the install.

Back