P0106 code after P0401 code

Mini Rocket

:
Subaru Impreza TS Wagon 2004
On my GF 2002 Protege LX 2.0L.

I had the P0300 & P0421 codes. I changed the plugs, the coilpack and it fixed the P0300. Then I changed the Cat (It was all in pieces inside), and it cleared the P0421.

Then, after 2-3 weeks, I got this P0401 code (EGR), so I erased it to see if it would come up again, then 2 days later, check engines lights up, but this time it's P0106 (MAP).

Is my EGR valve bad, or can it be something else ?

THe car runs fine, no idle or performance issue !

Thanks !

the p0106 is a vac leak or the egr boost sensor....not necessaily the egr valve...the egr boost sensor sit above the pass side strut mount...make sure that vac hose has a seal it goes in above the vics solenoid

Truly my 1st time.

Thanks, for allowing me on, Iam sure it is quite unusual but I have never done any thing like this before talking on line to the unknown, so please have patience. I also can't type worth a darn. Anyways you can't learn how to do something by NOT doing it.
When I have some more time I can learn more.

Thank You , Jimmy

How do I remove the EGR boost connector switch?

the p0106 is a vac leak or the egr boost sensor....not necessaily the egr valve...the egr boost sensor sit above the pass side strut mount...make sure that vac hose has a seal it goes in above the vics solenoid

BGIBB68... I also had the P0106 error code appear on my 2002 P5, after recently changing the EGR valve. After your comment, I checked the right strut and found the connector... and ALSO found that the cables had been eaten by a rodent and had been chewed and spliced!

I want to try to reconnect with new wires, but the EGR boost switch has some sort of red safety switch. Any possibility you could mention how to disconnect it?

Thanks in advance,

cerbach

Back