Tune In September 21st for the Lone Star Le Mans on FOX!
Tune In September 21st for the Lone Star Le Mans on FOX!

Thread: P0090 code FPR circuit

2003.5 MSP

P0090 code FPR circuit

ive searched and really nothing around here to find out what to do to fix this.. car falls flat on its face lean at time and then jumps to 11.2-11.5 on the wideband at WOT at 12-14 psi.. anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

2003.5 Titanium MSP #307: Under Construction!
    2004 VR RX-8 GT: Stage 3 ported rotary from rx7 store, Greddy turbocharger, Mazsport intake, MM Cobb accessport, Optima Yellow top battery, Greddy Strut bar, Greddy air difuser, racing beat exhaust, RP supercat midpipe, ACT Prolite Flywheel, Exedy Stage 1 clutch, Reinforced clutch pedal, Greddy oil catch can, AEM Truboost, AEM meth kit, Innovate wideband. Lotek center Gaugepod, Blitz Fat turbo timer, VR Painted Eyelids, Tein S-tech springs, LED Bulbs, Tein hood dampers, Carbon Fiber door pillar covers
    2006 Hummer H3: Luxury with chrome package, 8 inch flip down dvd, 20% tint!

2003.5 MSP

no one?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Mazdaspeed Protege '03

I'm from Toledo, same thing happened to my car it would hit boost cut only when cold(30F-35F), like it has been lately in Ohio, does it feel like you got thrown back in your seat, ya that's fuel cut, Split Second has fuel cut defenders (aka. MAF voltage clamps), i believe they have to custom make them because mazda uses unconventional methods of signal ( amps and voltage ) have to goto the ECU... or just get a JoeP Fuel Cut Defenser and calibrate it. (Joe P uses boost to flip a switch to activate his circuit to fool the ecu into not fuel cutting, Split Seconds is a processor)

I'm at 11 psi btw.
    Last edited by ispecht; 11-11-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: additional info

2003.5 MSP

it feels dead in its tracks.. nothing then all of a sudden it just throws me.. i dont run a split second.. i am running a unichip.. and it doenst do it when its cold.. when its cold out.. i am boosting like a champ! and it feels freaken perfect with 11.2-11.5 on the WB boosting to 14 ish.. i am going to try changing my FPR and checking that damn circuit setup for the car also.. hopefully i can find this issue
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Mazdaspeed Protege '03

What plugs are you running? A lean reading could mean a misfire also.... does the unichip box have a built in fuel cut defender, I would assume it would?

Also you could measure the resistance from the control circuit of the FPR to ground and see if it reads infinite. If it does replace the FPR regulator like you suggested.

You don't have any misfire codes do you?
    Last edited by ispecht; 11-12-2008 at 12:39 PM.

2003.5 MSP

no misfire codes.. I'm replacing the fpr any ways.. U know where the fpr circuit is located?