Vacuum Leak?

mightyray

:
03 MSP Protege Black Mica
I've been researching vacuum levels and it looks like I have a leak somewhere because I'm reading -0.62 and I'm seeing that it should be around -0.20. How do I find where I'm leaking? Where are the most common spots? Should I just get the HOSE TECHNIQUES Hose Kit from corksposrt and redo all the hoses?

I'm about to put the 626 Manifold on and I'm guessing a leak might mess it up. Is a leak really that big of a deal because it still drives fine to me?

it wouldnt hurt to put in all new hoses but usually there will be a split hose that is causing the leak.

i have that kit on my car they tend to pop off eazy on the 626 mani, but there is quite a few places to check so it would probably be eazyer just to change them out

Alright I'm going to replace all the hoses and I'll let you know if it solved the problem.

Vac leaks are the main causes to the majority of the problems I have had on my MSP.

It should be over 20, some cars vary but a good number is 21-22. I would usually hold 23 but since I haven't been driving it a lot it holds around 15 then as I drive it'll go back up in the 22 range. I rarely drive the MSP now.

21 at idle but in between shifts it seems to go real high at like..24 or 25..could this be a problem? its only in between shifts tho! also i know this is off topic somewhat but i do alot of searching on the 626 mani and iam stumped. which one is actually the RIGHT one to get?? 2001 VTCS or whatever? or 2000 w/o VTCS? please set me on a clear path guys! countless hours of searching really derive me from psychology homework!!

Last edited:
The 2000 626 mani is the one you want.

Also, to you guys that are reporting higher numbers.. do you have stock manifolds?

subbin to see if new hoses fixes the problem... i've been chasing a vacuum leak for a while

Back