The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

No problem.

Last day here! sad to leave the people I work with but excited for the new position.

Who's excited for Le Mans this weekend? I think Porsche is going to win, Toyota was looking strong last year but haven't done much in WEC this year from what I've seen. Audi will be fast as always. I like what Nissan is trying with the FWD system but since it's their first year I don't expect them to be real competitive.

Corvette is down a car after a big crash.

Spotters Guide and info on the Nissan LMP1 car http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/11/24-hours-of-le-mans-spotters-guide/#image-1

Who's excited for Le Mans this weekend? I think Porsche is going to win, Toyota was looking strong last year but haven't done much in WEC this year from what I've seen. Audi will be fast as always. I like what Nissan is trying with the FWD system but since it's their first year I don't expect them to be real competitive.

Corvette is down a car after a big crash.

Spotters Guide and info on the Nissan LMP1 car http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/11/24-hours-of-le-mans-spotters-guide/#image-1

I'm probably not going to watch any of it. First time in several years. Coverage sucks and I don't have the time/patience/money to screw around with the streaming crap. Hopefully FIA's overall viewership goes down so they wake up and make it better next year. I'll be watching more of the Women's World Cup than anything else.

With this thread getting moved, did you all give up? Any big work this weekend?

I have to pull my blown up 8.1 and start prepping the new engine to go in. Saturday my brother needs a headgasket in his 190e and a clutch in his E34. I have a busy weekend...

Who would of thought switching jobs to get paid more meant doing less? And bonus, less petty office BS. Also with this 4 mile drive I'm down to 1 or less trips to the gas station per month and at this rate it's going to take me years to hit 100k miles.

Anybody see the new Alfa Sedan? Looks good to me until you read about the price tag. http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-photos-and-info-news
2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-659746-s-original.jpg

Who would of thought switching jobs to get paid more meant doing less? And bonus, less petty office BS. Also with this 4 mile drive I'm down to 1 or less trips to the gas station per month and at this rate it's going to take me years to hit 100k miles.

Anybody see the new Alfa Sedan? Looks good to me until you read about the price tag. http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-photos-and-info-news
2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-659746-s-original.jpg

i love the new alfa, it sucks that all the cars i can sensibly afford bore me, and the cars that actually interest me are too damn much for me to buy and still maintain a life...

i love the new alfa, it sucks that all the cars i can sensibly afford bore me, and the cars that actually interest me are too damn much for me to buy and still maintain a life...

I feel the same. I can only think of 4 1/2 new cars $30k or less I would like to drive. The rest seem either boring or $50k + and buying a car at a third or more of my house value just seems crazy to me. Until I hit the lottery that is.

In the interest of reviving the thread and we are slow at work, What are your top new cars $30k or less?

Mine in no particular order:
1. Fiesta ST - Fun small car, but probably not practical. It beats out the Abarth because it has 4 doors.
2. Focus ST - Fun, moar powah! bigger than the Fiesta but not as nimble
3. Mazda6 - because mid-sized sedan dad life. Actually a great car for the money, even the Alfa article calls it's interior Mazda-like. Plus its not much more than the 3 with the same engine.
4. Golf Sportwagen - Because wagon. It's the only choice. GDI or TDI? not sure about the premium for diesel but the manual only comes in the base for the gas. I'm spoiled with heated seats now.
5. New Miata - 100% not practical for me hence the 1/2 rating in my comment above. Might change my mind if I ever drove one but I like the styling and everything I've read about it (props to Mazda's marketing).

I have never had a brand new car. I don't know what I would do with myself.

I have never had a brand new car. I don't know what I would do with myself.
I handed the keys over to my wife...
Would consider if I was in the market, but would prefer a manual or at least some sort of auto/"manual".
What is it about this week that I can't get anything done because I can't get off the phone?
Everyone is back from vacation

Back