The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I can probably come over on Saturday to help. No brake work though......

And I would start PB Blasting everything you want to remove/loosen. You've got years of corrosion on there and you'll need all the help you can get.

or deers.

Well, I might have to speed things up on the header install, on the way to work yesterday and today the cabin smelled like raw eggs after a little bit of driving. I haven't smelled too many worn/burnt clutches but I don't remember a distinct sulfur smell so I believe it is the cats.

Sulfur (rotten eggs) should be the catalytic converters. Burnt clutch is distinct from, but similar to burning brake pads.

57149240.jpg

I've smelled tranny fluid before. Doesn't compare to a smoking clutch. Smells like someone ate only asparagus for three days then pissed on a red hot race engine.

It's snowing in Columbus everybody panic!

Almost got taken out by a school bus on my way to drop Kennedy off. Pulled out in front of me to make a left turn at an intersection. I was able to slow down enough to just miss the back of it with a sort of Scandinavian flick. My back seat driver was impressed :)

Anyone other than Marc have a lift in their garage? House attempt #2 is looking good and I'm already looking into garage upgrades. I'd love a detached but that may not be in the cards and I'm concerned the attached garage might not have the ceiling height needed. Anyone ever heard of/used MaxJax?

I've heard of it but have only seen the youtube video. It's been mentioned as an option on the local forum but I don't think anyone has one. I like that they are "portable"

Some other options that were suggested for lower ceilings:

This is the one I recently bought. I have 10' 6" ceiling and I can easily walk under the Camaro. I know I could put two cars in that spot.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-BP9000

Anyone other than Marc have a lift in their garage? House attempt #2 is looking good and I'm already looking into garage upgrades. I'd love a detached but that may not be in the cards and I'm concerned the attached garage might not have the ceiling height needed. Anyone ever heard of/used MaxJax?

i know these are exactly what you are thinking of but a friend of mine has the Ranger Quick Jack 3500.. they have a 3500lb model and a 5000lb model. they can be powered by your car battery or plugged into a wall. which makes these awesome for track days and in the garage. I keep toying with the idea of buying a set for myself, just have a few bigger/more important things to buy first. These are a great option for someone that wants a lift but is worried about space in garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4TAV1wyds

3500 lb version

Maximum lift of 13.5" above the fully compressed unit
Locking heights of 13.5" and 9.5"
Collapsed length of 61"
Lifting units weigh 45 lbs each
Maximum load of 3500 lb

5000 lb version

Maximum lift of 15.5" above the fully compressed unit
Locking heights of 15.5" and 11.5"
Collapsed length of 69"
Lifting units weigh 65 lbs each
Maximum load of 5000 lb

I've heard of it but have only seen the youtube video. It's been mentioned as an option on the local forum but I don't think anyone has one. I like that they are "portable"

Some other options that were suggested for lower ceilings:
Yeah, most of the "full-sized" two-post lifts are in the 9-10 ft range like that Atlas. I was looking at BendPak and their smallest run 111" tall. That Mohawk A-7 is nice that it's ~8 ft tall but they are $$$! I'm going to be at the house this Saturday and I plan on taking some garage measurements.

i know these are exactly what you are thinking of but a friend of mine has the Ranger Quick Jack 3500.. they have a 3500lb model and a 5000lb model. they can be powered by your car battery or plugged into a wall. which makes these awesome for track days and in the garage. I keep toying with the idea of buying a set for myself, just have a few bigger/more important things to buy first. These are a great option for someone that wants a lift but is worried about space in garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4TAV1wyds

3500 lb version

Maximum lift of 13.5" above the fully compressed unit
Locking heights of 13.5" and 9.5"
Collapsed length of 61"
Lifting units weigh 45 lbs each
Maximum load of 3500 lb

5000 lb version

Maximum lift of 15.5" above the fully compressed unit
Locking heights of 15.5" and 11.5"
Collapsed length of 69"
Lifting units weigh 65 lbs each
Maximum load of 5000 lb
Definitely neat, but I'm looking for something what a little more lift for the garage. I agree those would be awesome at a track day. Even with a low-pro jack I have a hard time getting the front of the RX7 up.

Yeah, most of the "full-sized" two-post lifts are in the 9-10 ft range like that Atlas. I was looking at BendPak and their smallest run 111" tall. That Mohawk A-7 is nice that it's ~8 ft tall but they are $$$! I'm going to be at the house this Saturday and I plan on taking some garage measurements.

Definitely neat, but I'm looking for something what a little more lift for the garage. I agree those would be awesome at a track day. Even with a low-pro jack I have a hard time getting the front of the RX7 up.

i get that, like i said they arent exactly what you were looking for but with the portability and everything i thought they were worth showing you.

a whole pile of parts showed up today for the miata... WOOHOO!!!!

Back