Mazda5 TSB Resources

Thanks for posting these. I've been searching everywhere for TSBs without success. My 5 is a 2009 but some of these might apply. I'm getting an error message in Adobe when I try to open these though: "The file is damaged and could not be repaired." Anybody else getting this?

Opened everything from parts 4-6, no problems. I'm running Adobe Reader X 10.1.4. Maybe you need to update.

And thanks for the TSB posts! This is awesome!

Well, I was able to open the files after all. jmcglynn, do you have any TSBs for 2009 or know where to find them? They are very helpful

2012 MAZDA5 - RATTLE NOISE FROM B-PILLAR OR SLIDING DOOR (TSB from Mazda Canada)

DESCRIPTION:
Some vehicles may exhibit a rattle noise from the B-pillar and/or sliding door when driving at 40-60 km/h (25-37
mph) or passing over bumps. The noise is caused by a slight distortion of the body and the sliding door when
the clearance between the door stopper and the sliding door and/or B-pillar changes. The stopper is between
the body and the sliding door when closed. To stop the noise, the thickness of the door stopper is increased with
some padding.

I have attached the TSB below:
View attachment 204865

Here's one from me. I don't understand the numbering system used in the TSB so it might be a repost but it is a new one that supersedes the older one I found online.
View attachment Mazda5-TSB-11-02 (small).pdf

Category:02
TSB (Service bulletin No):11-02
Subject:
2006-2010 MAZDAs. NOISE FROM FRONT OR REAR SUSPENSION WHEN PASSING OVER A BUMP OR DRIVING ON UNEVEN ROAD

BULLETIN NOTE: This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 02-07-06 issued on 10/07 and 02-08-05 issued on 07/08. The APPLICABLE MODEL(S)A/INS, DESCRIPTION, REPAIR PROCEDURE, PARTS and WARRANTY INFORMATION have been revised.

APPLTCABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2006-2010 Mazda5 vehicles for front and rear stabilizer bushings.
2006 Mazda5 vehicles with VlNs lower than JM1 CR***" ** 120197 (produced before January 27,2006) for lower arm.
2006-2007 Mazda5 vehicles with VlNs lower than JM1 CR**** ** 160549 (produced before July 1, 2007) for rear suspension arc-welding bead and spring seat rubber.
2007 Mazda5 vehicles with VlNs higher than JMI CR**** "* 160550 (produced after July 1,2007) for rear spring seat rubber.
2008-2010 Mazda5 vehicles for rear spring seat rubber.

DESCRIPTION
Some vehicles may exhibit a squeak, knock, rattle/chattel or unusual noise from the front suspension or rear suspension when passing over a bump at a low speed or driving on an uneven road. This is may be caused by one of the following:
- The front/rear stabilizer bushing (A). This is caused by dust and/or mud water entering between the stabilizer
bar and stabilizer bushing and damaging the coating applied to the bushing, resulting in excessive clearance.
- The front (A) or rear bushing (B) of the front lower arm (C).
- The rear coil springs may have shifted in the spring seat rubber and/or upper spring pocket in the rear cross- member, and causes the spring to rub against the crossmember. This noise will most likely occur with the rear seat occupied, and can sound like a squeak or knock when going over a bump or a rattle when driving at a steady speed over uneven road surfaces. The problem on early models is the arc-welding bead in the spring pocket on the crossmember where it makes contact with the spring seat rubber is protruding too much, causing the spring seat rubber to be pushed out of position. The arc-welding bead also prevents the rubber from going back to its initial position. On later models, the spring seat rubber is the problem.

For some reason I was under the impression that these TSBs act as miniature recall notices because some of them addresses driver/passenger safety but I found they are not recalls and are expected for the owner of the car to be responsible for fixing the issues out of pocket if the car is outside the warranty period. Both the dealership and Mazda's customer service line confirmed that. I didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I'd share to help for those like me who didn't know.

That is correct, these are not recalls. Though some tsb may extend the factory warranty on some items

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Back